Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Topps Replacement Mailday.. PHEW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lkk116

Aug 7, 2008
So I had a 2008 Bowman Chrome Draft Blue Ref Auto Gordon Beckham that was OC about 85/15 and I took the chance of submitting to Topps for a replacement. I knew there was a good chance they would say its out of stock and send me some crap but this is what I got in today ......

bluebeckham.jpg

bluebeckhamback.jpg

lkk116

Aug 7, 2008
A_Pharis said:
Do you have a scan of the card you sent in? I have an XFr that is fairly off, and I wanted to compare.

I dont have a scan of the exact card I had but mine was OC just like this one that recently ended
gordonoc.jpg

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
jimmyjam1973 said:
can't believe they did anything. some people kill me. don't get a centered card, so send it back? If I was topps you'd have gotten nothing.
Couldn't agree more.

I could see if the OP was shorted an auto in a box or his auto hit had factory damage, but just OC?....Sigh..

lkk116

Aug 7, 2008
scotty21690 said:
jimmyjam1973 said:
can't believe they did anything. some people kill me. don't get a centered card, so send it back? If I was topps you'd have gotten nothing.
Couldn't agree more.

I could see if the OP was shorted an auto in a box or his auto hit had factory damage, but just OC?....Sigh..

I guess I am glad you don't work at Topps then, C'mon everyone and their mother grades around here and that centering kills the card.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
lkk116 said:
scotty21690 said:
jimmyjam1973 said:
Couldn't agree more.

I guess I am glad you don't work at Topps then, C'mon everyone and their mother grades around here and that centering kills the card.

And if every card graded a 9.5, grading would be worthless...

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
lkk116 said:
scotty21690 said:
jimmyjam1973 said:
Couldn't agree more.

yeah, a lot do, but you have to take the good with the bad. Be grateful that you pulled such a good card and he's on fire right now.

topps will just turn around and send that to someone as a replacement and they will be stoked to get it.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
wah. wah. wah, i got an OC card.
rip some real high end stuff, and take it on the chin when you get
ryan braun the pitcher or malcolm kelly in football, those are disasters, not
a slightly OC card that make sit worth what, 5.00 less?

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Centering that off hurts my eyes. Upper deck centered better than that consistently ten years ago. That's poor quality control and you should be entitled to a replacement.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
What they most likely will do, since you sent in yours, is they'll use that one as a replacement for someone else...You got very lucky, I'd be extremely happy if I were you.

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
bear0555 said:
Centering that off hurts my eyes. Upper deck centered better than that consistently ten years ago. That's poor quality control and you should be entitled to a replacement.

yea bad centering sucks, but "entitled" to a replacement.....now that is funny.

Members online

Latest posts