Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Predictions on Bryce harper AFLAC auto sales

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
His base AFLACs, which will be handed out at the game, definitely will NOT sell for anywhere near his USA auto patches.

Neither will his autograph, I'm betting. But we won't be seeing those inserted in packs until 2010 BDP anyway (at the earliest).

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
http://blogbeckett.wordpress.com/2009/08/15/behind-the-scenes-bryce-harper-at-the-aflac-high-school-all-american-game/

harpercard21.jpg

OMG!!!!

OMG!!!!

OMG!!!!

And people say the Honus Wagner T-206 is the Holy Grail of baseball cards. That my friends only pales in comparison to the BRYCE HARPER AFLAC ON CARD AUTOGRAPH.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
5000 total between all the players or 5000 per player?

"SAN DIEGO – As 40 Aflac High School All-Americans scribbled their names onto more than 5,000 brand new Topps baseball cards,"

i speculate $50-$75 out the gate on base aflacs and the IP autos will be $150-$200

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
P_Manning 18 said:
cgilmo said:
http://blogbeckett.wordpress.com/2009/08/15/behind-the-scenes-bryce-harper-at-the-aflac-high-school-all-american-game/

harpercard21.jpg

OMG!!!!

OMG!!!!

OMG!!!!

And people say the Honus Wagner T-206 is the Holt Grail of baseball cards. That my friends only pales in comparison to the BRYCE HARPER AFLAC ON CARD AUTOGRAPH.

That's definitely the comparison being made.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
moxacaine said:
5000 total between all the players or 5000 per player?

"SAN DIEGO – As 40 Aflac High School All-Americans scribbled their names onto more than 5,000 brand new Topps baseball cards,"

i speculate $50-$75 out the gate on base aflacs and the IP autos will be $150-$200

5000 total, I'm fairly sure. In other words, 125 per player. Which, by the way, is half the amount produced in previous years.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Jaypers said:
moxacaine said:
cgilmo said:
Ken, I think your estimate is soft

I expect it to be a $500 card.

for IP aflac or base?

Autos. At least that's what Beckett's so-called expert thinks.

if Topps was releasing certified ones maybe but not IP ones. i just dont see people doing that on something that can easily be faked. then again there are a lot of stupid people out there. If theyre going for that much i may have to buy some base and sign them myself. :lol:

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
cgilmo said:
if madison bumgarner got to like 120

you can expect the bryce to do the same, especially if its released in packs before he has other stuff

im not talking about the ones that topps will release in packs 8 years from now. im talking about the ones people get signed IP at the game.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
An interesting quotation:

“We’ll hand some cards out at the game,” Holmes said, “and this year the game starts at 5 p.m., and by maybe 6 p.m. – definitely by 9 p.m. – they’ll be on eBay.”

I wonder if this means they'll be passing out his autos to people in addition to his base? It isn't specific, but I have a hard time believing they'd do something like that.

Another thing worth noting. By the timeframe above, it seems to indicate they'll be passed out as people enter, rather than at the conclusion of the game, as was the case last year.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:

“We’ll hand some cards out at the game,” Holmes said, “and this year the game starts at 5 p.m., and by maybe 6 p.m. – definitely by 9 p.m. – they’ll be on eBay.”

I wonder if this means they'll be passing out his autos to people in addition to his base? It isn't specific, but I have a hard time believing they'd do something like that.

Another thing worth noting. By the timeframe above, it seems to indicate they'll be passed out as people enter, rather than at the conclusion of the game, as was the case last year.

Remember Disco Demolition Night the White Sox had many moons ago..... it will be the same when a 7 year old gets 2 Harpers and the masses arnt happy and will make the rest of the crowd pay.

Bad bad things in the near future.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
P_Manning 18 said:
Jaypers said:

Remember Disco Demolition Night the White Sox had many moons ago..... it will be the same when a 7 year old gets 2 Harpers and the masses arnt happy and will make the rest of the crowd pay.

Bad bad things in the near future.

i still have these pics from the 2007 AFLAC game. i still cringe thinking about these kids tossing the cards back and forth playing a game.

IMG_4443.jpg
IMG_4444.jpg

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
P_Manning 18 said:
Jaypers said:
Here are some more pics from the AFLAC signing session, including all of the cards. All I can say is - :eek:

http://beta.beckett.com/group/185223/?t ... iewArticle

Something tells me that there are more than 125 per card printed. Maybe they printed them on Exquisite thickness stock to make it look like more. But im fairly sure they didnt. I bet they printed a ton of these this year.

im sure its more. X amount to get handed out, X amount to be given to the players, and X amount signed for Topps.

Members online

Latest posts