Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kuroda hit in the head

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
He did seem to stay alert the entire time.

It did look like he was bleeding pretty bad. It could have just been the angle.

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
I just watched it, that was horrible. The ball hit his head went straight up in the air and almost went into the stands behind the catcher.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Hiroki Kuroda(notes) was carted off the field and taken to the hospital after being hit in the head by a line drive Saturday night.

A shot off the bat of Arizona pinch-hitter Rusty Ryal(notes) caught Kuroda on the right side of his head with Los Angeles leading 3-0 in the sixth inning. The 34-year-old Kuroda crumpled to the mound, clutching his head, as the ball deflected into the seats behind first base.

Ryal was awarded a ground-rule double.

All eight Dodgers fielders stood on the mound as trainers tended to Kuroda, who was placed on a stretcher and loaded onto a cart. He raised both of his arms as the cart rolled off the field, and was taken to St. Joseph’s Hospital for tests.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
I really really hope he's okay, but there is something moderately funny about being awarded a ground rule double in this situation.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Vagrant said:
I really really hope he's okay, but there is something moderately funny about being awarded a ground rule double in this situation.

Thank you! That was the strangest call I've ever seen

Members online