Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Derek Holland's Last 4 starts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
3-1
1.88 ERA
8 BB/25 K
28.2 IP
16 H
1 CG
1 SHO
98.25 Pitches Per Game

Quality competition, too. Wins against the Red Sox, Angels, and Mariners. Loss against Athletics.

Prior to these 4 starts, they were actually considering sending him back down to AAA and were tempted by Toronto to trade him for Roy Halladay.

Great to see another young pitcher having some success! He has been big for the Rangers.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
He may be starting to figure it out, I think some of it may have to do with pitching to Teagarden too, he seems to call games better than Salty.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
aw00d05 said:
He may be starting to figure it out, I think some of it may have to do with pitching to Teagarden too, he seems to call games better than Salty.

True, he has commented about how well he and Teagarden have communicated behind the plate. He seems to know exactly when to call certain pitches for him. They have a good working relationship.

Tonight was a testament to Holland being able to pitch when he doesn't have his best stuff. He didn't crack 94 once tonight, unless I missed it. He was right around 90-93 all night and still worked smart out there. That was more encouraging than his CGSHO where his pitches were jumping out of his hand.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
Vagrant said:
aw00d05 said:

True, he has commented about how well he and Teagarden have communicated behind the plate. He seems to know exactly when to call certain pitches for him. They have a good working relationship.

Tonight was a testament to Holland being able to pitch when he doesn't have his best stuff. He didn't crack 94 once tonight, unless I missed it. He was right around 90-93 all night and still worked smart out there. That was more encouraging than his CGSHO where his pitches were jumping out of his hand.
His off speed stuff is starting to develop and he's learning how to get out of jams, they showed a stat 3-4 starts back on how his OBA was like .240 with 0 runners on, and like .350 with runners on. He's definately getting better at getting out of jams as the season goes on.

Members online