Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A bit off topic, but what a nice piece of history

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Wow, that really belongs in a Museum.....not sure I could display in my home.

Related to this...does anyone collect Presidential memorabilia or autographs? I am contemplating some "low end" Presidential signatures.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I have to say, as someone who's done a ton of research in his life on Abraham Lincoln, that is ******* redonkulous!!!

"Just like John Wilkes Booth, our prices are going to sneak up behind you and blow your brains out!" -The Goods, Live Hard, Sell Hard

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
Thats pretty cool, but it does belong in a museum. Looks unused and untouched for as old as it is.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
That is very nice. I know a guy that had a newspaper from the St Valentine day massacre (Chicago)
from someone in his family. It was the whole paper and it was in great shape.

Someone valued it at like 5k about 10 years ago. I wonder what it is worth today.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Pine Tar said:
That is very nice. I know a guy that had a newspaper from the St Valentine day massacre (Chicago)
from someone in his family. It was the whole paper and it was in great shape.

Someone valued it at like 5k about 10 years ago. I wonder what it is worth today.

Damn!I wish I had still kept the papers we found in our attic when we moved in to our old house when I was a wee lad.When we moved in I took a look in the attic many times even though I was told not to.I lived in the upstairs room.It was basically an attic room but the actual attic was behind my closet door(yes...that is why I slept with the light on for like 12 years of my life...strange noises).In any case when I actually got in there there was a stack of newspapers.I picked a few up and took them back to my room to check out.These things were from the late 40's and one of the articles on the front page mentioned Al Capone dying.It was radical.I never thought to check and see if there was a sports page but I would hazard a guess it would have been cool to see some original Jackie Robinson info.I wonder what that stuff would be worth now?I remember the paper was so old and had been pretty much in an uncontrolled environment so long that it was really worn.The paper would crumble in your hands if you weren't careful.I think my mom threw them all away shortly after I discovered them along with a lot of the other "junk" in the attic.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
That's freaking awesome.

I figure if I had he money to afford that I would definitely display it my house that would have cost a lot more.

I'd turn my house INTO a museum, therefore, it would be displayed in one ;)

Members online

Latest posts