Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Congrats! Jeter passes Aparicio as All-Time SS Hit King !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Be8el0ve

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
From ESPN,

Yankees captain Derek Jeter has passed Hall of Famer Luis Aparicio for most hits by a shortstop.
Jeter hit an RBI double in the third inning of Sunday's game against the Seattle Mariners. His 2,674th hit as a shortstop came two innings after he had singled against Seattle rookie starter Doug Fister leading off the game.

He had seven hits in his first 14 at-bats of the four-game series with the Mariners.

Jeter also has 13 hits as a designated hitter in his career.

His 2,687 hits as of the third inning Sunday were second in Yankees history, 34 behind Lou Gehrig.

Congrats! Go Jeter!

060210_jeter_hmed7p_widec.jpg

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
As much as I absolutely cannot stand Derek Jeter, you have to give it up to him for the career that he has had. Congrats Jeter.

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
Very cool....Sometimes I feel like 1996 was yesterday...Just a rookie then...now the next stop is the HOF

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Be8el0ve said:
G $MONEY$ said:
KOBEARODLT said:
congrats..jeter is the MAN

+1

So did i read correct Be8el0ve, Jeter is 34 hits away from becoming New York's all time hit king?

It's actually 33 hits now since Jeter got another hit in the top of the 7th Inning. :D :D :D

Thats awesome, i think that will be an even bigger honor than the SS hit king, as NY has had so many great players there over the years.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
Mighty Bombjack said:
sportscardtheory said:
He will end up as the top 1-2 in almost every statistical milestone for shortstops... but he is SOOO overrated. lol

+1

-the lol

I dont see how you think he is overated...but anyways heres my contribution to the thread

019.jpg

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
KOBEARODLT said:
Mighty Bombjack said:
sportscardtheory said:
He will end up as the top 1-2 in almost every statistical milestone for shortstops... but he is SOOO overrated. lol

+1

-the lol

I dont see how you think he is overated...but anyways heres my contribution to the thread

I think overexposed is the better term. New York and Boston are getting pretty old to those of us that root for NL teams in the center of the country.

Jeter is one of the greatest to ever play this game and a certain Hall of Famer.

And overexposed. If his ability matched his hype (a la magazine covers and ESPN time), he'd be the single greatest player to ever walk the Earth.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
KOBEARODLT said:
Mighty Bombjack said:
sportscardtheory said:

+1

-the lol

I certainly wasn't being serious. He is an all-time great already, IMO.

Members online