Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

We had a great weekend!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dethomas07

Aug 7, 2008
Ashland, KY
Well, we had planned on surprising Brad Stone on Saturday when the Jacksonville Suns were playing in Knoxville, TN. Well, he texted me Thursday night around 10:30 p.m. and said they'd switched his pitching day to Friday, so he was going to start. Well, we talked to him and he left four tickets for us at the door.

We made it just before the game. We got to spend some time with him Friday evening. We spent some time with him Saturday; before, during, and after the game. It was great seeing him and all of us getting a chance to really catch up.

Saturday was also Ryne Sandberg bobblehead night, so we were able to score four of them. Aside from the bobbleheads, this is what we brought back (we will be receiving 2 team autographed baseballs of the Jacksonville Suns team, but Brad is going to send that later this coming week):

Autographs for the boys' teachers and a friend

IMG_0569.jpg

Autographs for the boys

IMG_0570.jpg
IMG_0571.jpg

AND the best for last......

Brad had this happen a week or so ago and was going to mail it until he found out we were coming:

His very first cracked bat

IMG_0572.jpg
IMG_0573.jpg
IMG_0574.jpg

We cannot wait until the chance arises to go see Brad and the Suns again! I did meet another FCB member face-to-face, but I've already forgotten his userid. So, if you read this, I'm very sorry!

David

dethomas07

Aug 7, 2008
Ashland, KY
tonsofcommons said:
What's with the two Mrs. Stephens/Stevens? Did he misspell it the first time or are there two teachers?

Kind of strange, but two different teachers. Noah's and Luke's. lol

David

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
Sounds like an awesome trip!

Are you willing to give up one of the bobbleheads? If so, I would like to buy one.

Tai

dethomas07

Aug 7, 2008
Ashland, KY
bobotai said:

Are you willing to give up one of the bobbleheads? If so, I would like to buy one.

Tai

If I had known, I would have found a way to get one while we were there. Each of the boys is going to keep one, we gave two to cousins that are HUGE Cubs fans and have been forever.

Sorry.

David

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
dethomas07 said:
bobotai said:

Tai

If I had known, I would have found a way to get one while we were there. Each of the boys is going to keep one, we gave two to cousins that are HUGE Cubs fans and have been forever.

Sorry.

David

No problem. There's one on the Bay now, so I'll just hit that one up.

Thanks.

Tai

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
It's cool to personally know an up and coming baseball player but the best part of this, by far, is being able to share this time with your boys. Awesome story and congrats!!!

Members online

Latest posts