Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ECN Show Recap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
Had a great time over the past 4 days although it pretty much sucked. I set up with Joe (JCmint) who is a riot. I pretty much made only a few sales in 3 days. But I had the itch and broke 3 boxes.

2 Just Minors jersey boxes for 90 each, had Daveyou select them for me, but his usual luck wasn't there ::facepalm:: :twisted: It netted me a SALTALAMACCHIA and BUTLER AU JSY. I can probably recoup 120 back with those two so not bad. My 4 autos you get in 2 boxes were Kevin Ahrens, Sean O Sullivan and then a 1/1 GLOSSY AUTO of BUDDY BELL (Who? Anyone want it? lol) and someone else I forget.

Then me and Zack (Niko) split an Ultimate Collection BKB box only to pull a Quad Jersey worth 10 bucks at most (box cost 80 :()

I let Josh (trademhigh) set up today instead to save my money haha.

I didn't pick anything up since I have my car payments to make, but the show was really fun.

Joe ended up giving me some free cards for the help on the week and it netted me a 94 Electric Diamond ARod RC BGS 8 and a Cal Ripken Fleer PSA 7 RC, nice adds to my star RC PC. Thanks for them Joe :D

Overall, not an awful show due to some other possible earnings, but had a lot of fun setting up with Joe.

Oh yeah, met a bunch of FCB guys including TBP, NEC, the "Junior Mafia" as Joe calls them (forget their IDs haha), and some other guys. I think I even saw Miggy there but not sure if it was him! Joe and I handed out some FCB National sets so hopefully we get some new members as many were interested!

Tom

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
We definitely played the recruiting role pretty good. Tom, I laughed the whole weekend. Good stuff bro. Thanks for the help yours always welcome to set up with me. You should follow up on the listing stuff. Talk with you soon about some other stuff when your ready.

Johan Santana 57 said:
Had a great time over the past 4 days although it pretty much sucked. I set up with Joe (JCmint) who is a riot. I pretty much made only a few sales in 3 days. But I had the itch and broke 3 boxes.

2 Just Minors jersey boxes for 90 each, had Daveyou select them for me, but his usual luck wasn't there ::facepalm:: :twisted: It netted me a SALTALAMACCHIA and BUTLER AU JSY. I can probably recoup 120 back with those two so not bad. My 4 autos you get in 2 boxes were Kevin Ahrens, Sean O Sullivan and then a 1/1 GLOSSY AUTO of BUDDY BELL (Who? Anyone want it? lol) and someone else I forget.

Then me and Zack (Niko) split an Ultimate Collection BKB box only to pull a Quad Jersey worth 10 bucks at most (box cost 80 :()

I let Josh (trademhigh) set up today instead to save my money haha.

I didn't pick anything up since I have my car payments to make, but the show was really fun.

Joe ended up giving me some free cards for the help on the week and it netted me a 94 Electric Diamond ARod RC BGS 8 and a Cal Ripken Fleer PSA 7 RC, nice adds to my star RC PC. Thanks for them Joe :D

Overall, not an awful show due to some other possible earnings, but had a lot of fun setting up with Joe.

Oh yeah, met a bunch of FCB guys including TBP, NEC, the "Junior Mafia" as Joe calls them (forget their IDs haha), and some other guys. I think I even saw Miggy there but not sure if it was him! Joe and I handed out some FCB National sets so hopefully we get some new members as many were interested!

Tom

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
damn, thought I would have got more of a shoutout than that, especially after our amazing break of ultimate, and our bonding over my venable (i want 5 bucks NOW ;) )

twas a fun time, I should probly set up one time, me and my 2 Wright golds, my whole collection :D

zacHHHHHH

chopper

Aug 22, 2008
Hey guys - pretty sure it was you all that me and son (mostly my son) spent time with on Saturday. I was looking at the Hanley refractor 9.5 and my son was poking through the 50 cent cards. Was that you guys? If so we had a good time hanging around your table.

If I was a Johan collector I would have been all over your stuff. Very impressive.

-Dennis

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
Where to start...

Johan Santana 57 said:
2 Just Minors jersey boxes for 90 each, had Daveyou select them for me, but his usual luck wasn't there ::facepalm:: :twisted: It netted me a SALTALAMACCHIA and BUTLER AU JSY. I can probably recoup 120 back with those two so not bad.

You're killing me! Everyone gets Salty or Butler with those things, I think they're 50% of the production run. I wish I had known you were into this stuff, I would've sold you my Vitters (listed as a Rare) Auto Jersey for the price of a box.

Nikobaseball said:
damn, thought I would have got more of a shoutout than that, especially after our amazing break of ultimate, and our bonding over my venable (i want 5 bucks NOW ;) )

twas a fun time, I should probly set up one time, me and my 2 Wright golds, my whole collection :D

zacHHHHHH

...I think you mean MY Venable :D

chopper said:
Hey guys - pretty sure it was you all that me and son (mostly my son) spent time with on Saturday. I was looking at the Hanley refractor 9.5 and my son was poking through the 50 cent cards. Was that you guys? If so we had a good time hanging around your table.

If I was a Johan collector I would have been all over your stuff. Very impressive.

-Dennis

Welcome aboard! We're good people over here, well, most of us :twisted: Feel free to ask any questions or post any comments you might have. Post often!

Alright, enough corny smiles for one post. I enjoyed the show from the autograph seeker perspective; this was the first time I purchased autograph tickets and thought I came away with some nice stuff. Today I got my 00 Fleer GOTG Frank Howard card signed nicely as well as my 61 Topps Marichal RC and a OMLB ball signed by Marichal... $25 per HOF autograph is a pretty good deal to me! Nice meeting everyone who I met and Joe, if you find that Dumars shoot me a pm.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Hey Dennis welcome to the site. That was us.

chopper said:

-Dennis

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
chopper said:

-Dennis

Yup twas us, you should have bought the Hanley AND the Mauer though ;)

yanxyanx

Sep 13, 2008
Riverdale, NY
Tom/Josh,

It was great to meet you both. It's great to always put a face to a name.

Joe, great to see you as always.

Not the greatest show overall, but typical White Plains show.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Joe, good to see you too. I know your car was weighed down again. My frind Bobby was happy to have met you and move a ton of stuff.

yanxyanx said:
Tom/Josh,

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
yanxyanx said:
Tom/Josh,

agreed, never knew that was you although I have seen you before!

Jul 30, 2009
Saturday was absolutely mobbed, maybe the most Ive ever seen there. Sunday was really hopping too.

I assumed the Saturday crowd was because of WOOOOOOOO Flair but no way was that the case. He didnt draw many.

Speaking of which, when Flair walked in, he went to the entrance where the Mic is and announced his appearance in typical Ric Flair style.

Members online

Latest posts