Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

12:00 AM tonight...who do you think does NOT sign

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
Tonight is the deadline to sign draft picks. There will likely be a few to not sign with their respective clubs. Which highly touted players do you see not inking the paper tonight?

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
The Tigers draft is going to look pretty bad if they can't sign any of their top picks. Hopefully they get a deal done with Turner since they knew it was going to go down like this when they picked him.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
For Strasburg...are people thinking $12 million? That way he is roughly 10% over the previous high.

One thing is certain...I hope Boras eats today...because he'll probably end tonight after being on the phone close to 48 hours straight.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
thefasterblade said:
Jaypers said:
thefasterblade said:
I thought Crow had an early deadline? Scheppers also...

JP whats the scoop with that?

Both have until June 2010 to sign.

So they have longer time to sign because of the Independent League?

Yes, and both are considered the equivilent of college seniors.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
200lbhockeyplayer said:
For Strasburg...are people thinking $12 million? That way he is roughly 10% over the previous high.

One thing is certain...I hope Boras eats today...because he'll probably end tonight after being on the phone close to 48 hours straight.

If I were Boras, my lowest possible figure would be $10.5 million plus a decades worth of inflation.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
bballcardkid said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

If I were Boras, my lowest possible figure would be $10.5 million plus a decades worth of inflation.

He's being offered 17 Million right now along with incentives that would get it to top 20 million. Beating Mark Prior's contract is not going to get them Strasburg. Strasburg and Boras are still holding out for more guaranteed money, but they are trying to play the "big arm, high risk" angle.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
cowboysrule48 said:
Jaypers said:
Purke, Matzek and Gibson. Unfortunately.

I wonder if he will go back to Mizzou or go the way of Crow if he doesn't sign. I was planning on moving my cards of him, looks like I'll be waiting a year.

From what I've read, he'll go back to college. However, since my first post above, I've also read that Twins' management are "optimistic", so who knows.

Members online