Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay Picture "Stealing" Situation--Any Ideas???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
I have a frustrating situation on a Tiger Woods Jersey AUTO that I have listed in my ebay store. Another ebay seller, decided to use my scan to list his Tiger at the exact same BIN/BO option in auction format.

The kicker is, the card he actually bought was a card that I SOLD the seller of that auction--and there is a BIG difference in condition between the card I am selling and the card he actually bought.

I emailed the seller of the Tiger he bought to at least make sure he paid, and I knew immediately why he didnt "steal" that pic because the card had Yellow Background behind it in the scan and clearly showed the corner wear.

I emailed him and told him to at least scan his card since he paid for it and had it and to not "Steal" my picture as there was significant difference in condition. I got a lovely response back with something about me being quite the Dick Tracy with an emphasis on the "Dick" part.

My question is this, with the new ebay policy do I have any ability to get ebay to remove that auction and force him to scan his own card. Also, I can not for the life of me figure out how to "opt-out" of the picture sharing......I know there was a post on here about how to do so by sportscardtheory I think.......

I guess in my mind, I would not have cared so much, except that I knew he was just doing it to hide the corner wear and it was such a high dollar card, and it was so blatant, he could not have even come up with his own BIN/BO he had to put it at the exact amount I did as well....

TK

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
When I contacted them about someone stealing a picture I was told since its not watermarked I am out of luck, but others claim to have had auctions removed. I sent both pictures to ebay, layered them in photoshop put arrows on spots that where obvious and still got "Next time watermark them to avoid this" response from ebay.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
i feelwho cares its just a scan. the seller who stole my scan would be the one that gets the neg for not as described no me.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
I agree with everyone and moving forward probably back to wartermarks etc. on my higher end cards....

To me it just pisses me off because our auctions are running at the same time and people are naturally going to second guess both auctions. I put a NOTE in mine about my picture being the actual one, but the person that buys the Tiger from me might not find it too funny when he gets one in a different condition!!!

Either way, I guess all I can do is just opt out of the photo sharing and just move on...

TK

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
Make a buying account with a fake email address. Buy the cards in question and don't pay and take the strike. Works just fine.

Members online

Latest posts