Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New High For Heyward?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I don't recall seeing it sell for this much before.

[ebay:1uwu6b2b]260461513934[/ebay:1uwu6b2b]

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
Pinbreaker said:
Jaypers said:
I don't recall seeing it sell for this much before.

[ebay:2l56k3kh]260461513934[/ebay:2l56k3kh]

And to think I sold mine when they first came out for $125 on a BIN..

And I was going to complain about selling mine for like 400-450. Ouch.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
The 07 BDP color refractors are moving well. $255 for a gold and $150 BIN for a Blue. Not too shabby for all the cries of 08 ruining all the potential of those cards.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
Adamsince1981 said:
WOW....

He could go .300 w/ 25 bombs and 85 RBI in '10 and that card would sell for $450...

Yeah, but on the potential that he hits .350 with 55 HR and 180 RBI and becomes the next Willie Mays or clean Barry Bonds keeps the dummies out there still buying Heyward at those prices.

Not trying to call anybody dummies, but if you're buying Heyward right now you may be in for a big time drop.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Vagrant said:
The 07 BDP color refractors are moving well. $255 for a gold and $150 BIN for a Blue. Not too shabby for all the cries of 08 ruining all the potential of those cards.

I may be mistaken, but I believe the golds sold for that when released, or at least a few months after release.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
jjj7880 said:
Vagrant said:

How did I win this for $158?? :D :D :D :D :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 500wt_1182

I was watching that wanting to bid, but forgot all about it. ::facepalm::

To those who say you can't get a steal in an auction style listing...that's proof, at least to me.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
bballcardkid said:
Vagrant said:

I may be mistaken, but I believe the golds sold for that when released, or at least a few months after release.

I never recall the gold refractors hitting that high. I was in on Moustakas at the time and his were going right around $190ish raw. Blue refractors were going in the $95-100 territory.

Granted, the 08 auto versions did take a bit of the steam out of those cards, but anybody who did buying at that time or even now is making a smart investment, IMO.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Vagrant said:
bballcardkid said:
Vagrant said:

I never recall the gold refractors hitting that high. I was in on Moustakas at the time and his were going right around $190ish raw. Blue refractors were going in the $95-100 territory.

Granted, the 08 auto versions did take a bit of the steam out of those cards, but anybody who did buying at that time or even now is making a smart investment, IMO.

Vagrant said:
bballcardkid said:
Vagrant said:

You could be right. I do remember someone on the board saying they pulled a Moustakas Orange and sold it for $300. May have been $400. I can't remember exactly but it was one of the two. It's safe to say if the 08's didn't exist, the Heyward Gold would probably be around the $400 range.

As far as the blues, if you bought very early, you probably dodged the 2008 effect. One board member said he picked up his Laporta and Heyward in the $50-$60 range. They nearly doubled before the 2008 relesae.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
bballcardkid said:
jjj7880 said:
Vagrant said:

To those who say you can't get a steal in an auction style listing...that's proof, at least to me.

Terrible centering, but a decent deal none the less.

jjj7880

Aug 7, 2008
soccerman034 said:
bballcardkid said:
jjj7880 said:
Vagrant said:

I don't think the centering is that bad I think it is more of the scan. I'll post the scan when I get it in hand.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
jjj7880 said:
soccerman034 said:
bballcardkid said:
jjj7880 said:
Vagrant said:

I don't think the centering is that bad I think it is more of the scan. I'll post the scan when I get it in hand.

Yeah that centering might not be perfect, but it's definitely better than what the scan shows. That glare is cutting off part of the card for sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts