Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Prince Fielder cards heating up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
He has 6 homers in his last 10 games, and is on pace for 44 homers and 147 RBI's to go with his .310 BA. Until tonight his cards seemed stagnant but I noticed a Chrome Gold Ref Auto got over $400 which seems pretty high. I get the feeling this may be the beginning of a trend...agree?

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
jcmint said:
hope they keep going up I have an orange ref auto I am waiting to move.
I've noticed that his Chrome's seem to do better than his earlier RC Auto's. I remember that Prince was really the first player with a Chrome non-RC Auto to really explode (it was during his 50 homer season.) He also has his 2002 PP Auto and a ton of 2005 RC Auto's so that may be a factor.

I do remember a time people were discussing his Ultimate Collection /99 auto as a card that had a chance of hitting $1000. It will be interesting to see how that does if he gets hot, as a card with a print run that low can pretty much disappear if the interest is high.

zookerman182

Aug 17, 2008
Huntsville, AL
i remember picking his base chromes up for 20 refractors for 30, blues for 45, golds for 120 and an orange for 145. I ended up letting them all go for about what i paid for them. Then they exploded. His chromes do some crazy things.

i also could have bought the super for 1200 which i wish i would have done.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
zookerman182 said:
i remember picking his base chromes up for 20 refractors for 30, blues for 45, golds for 120 and an orange for 145. I ended up letting them all go for about what i paid for them. Then they exploded. His chromes do some crazy things.

i also could have bought the super for 1200 which i wish i would have done.
I think what happened was that as people started realizing you could make money on non-RC Chrome Auto's, many people jumped on the bandwagon hoping to get a piece of the pie. In the end this drove prices up significantly.

Personally I still don't consider a Chrome non-RC Auto as a card of much significance, but based on the recent sale it's clear my position is not necessarily held by all.

Members online

Latest posts