Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Quite possibly the most pathetic fake auto I have ever seen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
We've all seen our share of fake autos. This one actually inspired me to start a thread about.

Sad... ::facepalm::

pathetic.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/2000-SP-SPA-CAL-RIP ... 286.c0.m14

WNP22

Aug 17, 2009
Memphis
Sent the seller a message asking if they really even tried when the faked this auto. Fingers crossed for an interesting response.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
That's bad but not the worst by far......at least that auto resembles Ripken's somewhat........I've seen lots worse......autos where the person signs a player's name in their own handwriting.....

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
shanks25 said:
That's bad but not the worst by far......at least that auto resembles Ripken's somewhat........I've seen lots worse......autos where the person signs a player's name in their own handwriting.....

I'm sure there are worse out there.. but not Ripken worse. Worst Ripken auto fake of all time right here. Where's my Ripken team of BigAlbert and Russ?

WNP22

Aug 17, 2009
Memphis
WNP22 said:
Sent the seller a message asking if they really even tried when the faked this auto. Fingers crossed for an interesting response.

And I quote:
"EXCUSE ME??? THIS CARD WAS PURCHASED AT THE NATIONAL SHOW 2 WEEKS AGO OFF OF A WELL KNOWN NATIONAL DEALER. IT HAS THE MATCHING CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY FROM UPPER DECK PROVING IT'S THE REAL DEAL. WHY DON'T YOU TAKE YOUR ROOKIE 26 FEEDBACK AND DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR TRAP..."

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
WNP22 said:
WNP22 said:

And I quote:
"EXCUSE ME??? THIS CARD WAS PURCHASED AT THE NATIONAL SHOW 2 WEEKS AGO OFF OF A WELL KNOWN NATIONAL DEALER. IT HAS THE MATCHING CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY FROM UPPER DECK PROVING IT'S THE REAL DEAL. WHY DON'T YOU TAKE YOUR ROOKIE 26 FEEDBACK AND DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR TRAP..."

Sounds like someone's pride is hurt. I wasn't aware that there was such a thing as "rookie feedback". Nice reach.

Just send him a smiley face and link him to this thread. ;)

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008
Snyper said:
WNP22 said:
WNP22 said:

And I quote:

Sounds like someone's pride is hurt. I wasn't aware that there was such a thing as "rookie feedback". Nice reach.

he must have bought it from that well know dealer at the national with a gansta foling who fakes patches and autos. i think he uses the name of a famous baseball player. sad part is that he very well could have bought it from this person and have no idea that what he is selling is crap. he could of thought he got a great deal and is trying to flip them for a profit.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
mburgin said:
Snyper said:
WNP22 said:
WNP22 said:

And I quote:

he must have bought it from that well know dealer at the national with a gansta foling who fakes patches and autos. i think he uses the name of a famous baseball player. sad part is that he very well could have bought it from this person and have no idea that what he is selling is crap. he could of thought he got a great deal and is trying to flip them for a profit.

Wishful thinking at best. This seller is a Class-A *********. See thread-

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=57957

WNP22

Aug 17, 2009
Memphis
Snyper said:
mburgin said:
Snyper said:
WNP22 said:
WNP22 said:

And I quote:

Wishful thinking at best. This seller is a Class-A *********. See thread-

http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/v ... =2&t=57957

I just replied to his message and linked him to that thread. Let's see if he tries to feed me any more BS.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
tunahead said:
Snyper said:
Auction removed! :lol: :D

It got posted over on the CU forums and I think Bill Haelig, who is the head authenticator at Ironclad Authentics had it removed.

Eh.. most likely the mass amount of complaints ebay had dropped all at once about the guy.

Members online

Latest posts