Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Brock VS. Carwin @UFC106!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Shane Carwin scares me more than Mir, Couture and Herring against Brock. With Lesnar`s suspect chin, and Shane`s heavy hands, this could end bad for The Vanilla Gorilla. I am super ******* stizzoked for the fight though. Could go either way, but WAR BROCK!

yankeefan812

Aug 12, 2008
Dville Ghetto
Yea Carwin's heavy hands scare me, but I still feel Brock will take this fight to the ground whenever he wants to. Brock is going to know Carwin wants to keep the fight standing, and he'll take him right down for some GNP.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Sam Banks said:
It would be interesting to see how Brock were to react in a fight where he isn`t able to completely control his opponent on the ground.

You don't think Brock can completely control Carwin on the ground?

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
I can't see Carwin getting OWNED like Mir did in the last fight.I think Lesnar will win if it goes to the ground,but i think Carwin will be able to unleash some offense from the bottom.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Kevin, I do think he can control Carwin on the ground. I was just wondering how would he react if he were fighting someone who he couldn`t? How would he adjust. Would he freak out and not know what to do if his game plan doesn`t go according to plan. He looked spooked when Couture had his back against the cage and nearly scooted Brock on his back. I wonder how he would react if he were fighting someone who could stuff his shoots, or someone who could keep getting up after the takedown. See if it frustrates him and if he can switch up his gameplan on the fly. I mean, lets face it, he hasn`t had to do anything like that yet. Every fight he has been able to dictate, even the loss to Murr. And he looked flustered when Randy cut him too. Would just be interesting to see how he would react when things aren`t going his way.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
It will still be a 40 pound difference come fight time, and if Carvin had equal ground ability as Lesnar (which I do not believe he does) 40 pounds is a big difference. Carwin (and whoever Lesnar fights) needs to catch him while he is on his feet, because once he is on the ground he appears to just be be smothering.

He appeared very calm and calculated when he was on top of Mir, slowly working down Mir and awaiting for punch ("flying hams") opportunities and letting loose.

I also find it difficult for him to be submitted. He is just too big. I'm sure someone out there can submit him because his ju-jitsu isn't top tier, but the sheer strength in his body and some fairly basic knowledge can counter most attempts now I think.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
200lbhockeyplayer said:
It will still be a 40 pound difference come fight time, and if Carvin had equal ground ability as Lesnar (which I do not believe he does) 40 pounds is a big difference. Carwin (and whoever Lesnar fights) needs to catch him while he is on his feet, because once he is on the ground he appears to just be be smothering.

He appeared very calm and calculated when he was on top of Mir, slowly working down Mir and awaiting for punch ("flying hams") opportunities and letting loose.

I also find it difficult for him to be submitted. He is just too big. I'm sure someone out there can submit him because his ju-jitsu isn't top tier, but the sheer strength in his body and some fairly basic knowledge can counter most attempts now I think.

There is a thread on SHerdog that has pretty much came to the conclusion that in reality, Frank Mir is larger than Shane Carwin.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/what-s ... ke-876460/