Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dear Topps, this idea is a can't miss (well almost)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Get Usain Bolt autos in packs ASAP. Most people know about 100m record he shattered. Well he shattered the 200m record last night. Remember when Michael Johnson's record in the 200m was thought to be never touched?

Anyone else love to see a lightning Bolt certified AU? Allen Ginter '10 ? Heck throw it in 09 BCDP for all I care just get one out there.

I just hope he's clean.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
It would be a huge hit money wise in Allen & Ginter but the problem is it already came out this year and the 2010 version will come out long after everyone in America has forgotten about him.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
American Heritage? Something, they need to take advantage of one of the most fascinating athletes I've seen ever.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
jbhofmann said:
American Heritage? Something, they need to take advantage of one of the most fascinating athletes I've seen ever.

Good idea, but doesn't exactly fit the name.

I think Etopps is an OK idea, but you don't have the accessibility.

HMMMM.

What about a small set of world sports stars called "Topps World's Finest". Have Stars like David Beckham, Bolt, etc. Even have a retired auto set. Pele, etc (can't think of any right now).

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
2009 Topps Master Collection. Throw stars, players, prospects, and Hall of Famers into one. Create a 500 card set with 3-5 autos to a box and bang you have it.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
jbhofmann said:
Remember when Michael Johnson's record in the 200m was thought to be never touched?

Man, I hated that guy. After the '96 Olympics, when (Canadian) Donovan Bailey won the 100m, Johnson claimed he should be crowned the fastest man alive because his 200m divided was better than Bailey's 100m. Ludicrous, of course, so they staged a 150m race at SkyDome. Bailey was trouncing Johnson about 25m in and Johnson pulled up lame, clutching his hamstring.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
braden said:
jbhofmann said:
Remember when Michael Johnson's record in the 200m was thought to be never touched?

Man, I hated that guy. After the '96 Olympics, when (Canadian) Donovan Bailey won the 100m, Johnson claimed he should be crowned the fastest man alive because his 200m divided was better than Bailey's 100m. Ludicrous, of course, so they staged a 150m race at SkyDome. Bailey was trouncing Johnson about 25m in and Johnson pulled up lame, clutching his hamstring.
Johnson is one of the greatest sprinters ever, take it easy.
As for a Bolt auto, great idea. It might be too easy for Topps to pick up on though :lol:

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
jbhofmann said:
Get Usain Bolt autos in packs ASAP. Most people know about 100m record he shattered. Well he shattered the 200m record last night. Remember when Michael Johnson's record in the 200m was thought to be never touched?

Anyone else love to see a lightning Bolt certified AU? Allen Ginter '10 ? Heck throw it in 09 BCDP for all I care just get one out there.

I just hope he's clean.

I'd only be interested in one if he changed sports to baseball and tore it up.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
What if Topps put out an 09 auto of Bolt and then he become a wide reciever and started in the NFL in 2010???

RC controversy :lol:

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
tonsofcommons said:
jbhofmann said:

Good idea, but doesn't exactly fit the name.

I think Etopps is an OK idea, but you don't have the accessibility.

HMMMM.

What about a small set of world sports stars called "Topps World's Finest". Have Stars like David Beckham, Bolt, etc. Even have a retired auto set. Pele, etc (can't think of any right now).

YUP... +1. "Topps worlds finest" would be a perfect name too.

mazarazz

Aug 7, 2008
forget bolt, the new hotness is that chick runner who they want to undergo "gender verification".

article-0-061D19E9000005DC-924_306x423.jpg

Latest posts