Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Seller's advice requested........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Looking to sell my blue ref Tommy Hanson BGS10....it is football season and I want to get some stuff before they start really performing on the field and their stuff skyrockets.........What is a reasonable price for this? 300-400 or should it demand more of a premium since it is the only one graded this high (versus almost 20 of the base chrome).

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
ruffryder98499 said:
I say let it run auction style and set a reserve. I think you'll get more attention with auction rather than fixed/buy it now option.

Ruff

Thank you for the advice.....a guy wants to buy my BGS10 Blue and my BGS10 chrome Hanson for $450.....debating if I am getting screwed.....of course he gets bombed on Sat night I may think otherwise :lol:

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
EricInCT said:
ruffryder98499 said:
I say let it run auction style and set a reserve. I think you'll get more attention with auction rather than fixed/buy it now option.

Ruff

Thank you for the advice.....a guy wants to buy my BGS10 Blue and my BGS10 chrome Hanson for $450.....debating if I am getting screwed.....of course he gets bombed on Sat night I may think otherwise :lol:

As an off ebay deal, that looks like a pretty darn good price.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
BowmanChromeAddict said:
EricInCT said:
ruffryder98499 said:

Ruff

As an off ebay deal, that looks like a pretty darn good price.

Agreed 100%
That is the same as $485 or so on ebay......

I wouuld take the cash and re-invest if I were you.

skrip

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
ruffryder98499 said:
I'd sell at that price!!! If you don't mind me asking, how much do you have into it?

The BGS10 Chrome I found in a stack and graded it myself, so about $11 for that one (I have received an offer of $110 for it on the bay)
the BGS10 Blue I paid about 190 for on the bay....not a bad price considering I sold a blue raw two weeks ago for $120 off of ebay.

So the profit is very good, it is just that he is doing extremely well and these are primo cards that can't be replaced.

Checked the population report.....7 of the 229 sent in for grading have been 10s for the base chrome and mine is still the only BGS10 blue.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
The market on cards like that is nearly impossible to predict (which is why I'd avoid an auction.) I'd definitely take the money and run, and if I really liked Hanson I would consider reinvesting in cards that are easier to gauge prices. (On rare graded cards like that, the cards often sell for a much higher premium when the player is doing poorly as when they are doing well and all the other cards are selling high, as there is almost an "inherent premium" in the card itself that has little to do with performance.)

justwar

Aug 7, 2008
EricInCT said:
ruffryder98499 said:
I'd sell at that price!!! If you don't mind me asking, how much do you have into it?

The BGS10 Chrome I found in a stack and graded it myself, so about $11 for that one (I have received an offer of $110 for it on the bay)
the BGS10 Blue I paid about 190 for on the bay....not a bad price considering I sold a blue raw two weeks ago for $120 off of ebay.

So the profit is very good, it is just that he is doing extremely well and these are primo cards that can't be replaced.

Checked the population report.....7 of the 229 sent in for grading have been 10s for the base chrome and mine is still the only BGS10 blue.

1000% profit and you didnt take it? What are you waiting for? Don't get greedy :mrgreen: Good luck on the sales.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Thank you all for your great advice, it is appreciated.

What complicates my decision even further is that Hanson's first chrome auto just hit the market 2 weeks ago......I think these have pushed down the focus on his 'first chrome' and true rookie card because everyone is enamored with the new product and an auto that isn't a "tristar" or "just".

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
justwar said:
EricInCT said:
ruffryder98499 said:

1000% profit and you didnt take it? What are you waiting for? Don't get greedy :mrgreen: Good luck on the sales.

The base chrome is a done deal, I have no problem parting with that.....the blue is what I am on the fence with...........I have sold his blue chrome 9.5s for 225 so getting 350 for the one 10 seems a bit low.......I recall Ballerskirp sold a Posey BGS10 that went for 3x or more what a regular chrome auto 9.5 sold for.

Members online