Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Large AFLAC Mailday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I acquired 100 of these from a single source, which arrived today. I am also working out a deal with another seller for 200 more.

It should be noted that the cards are not glossy, unlike in previous years. In addition, they are definitely more condition sensitive this time around. The corners are rather tough to find without any chipping, and the back edges are even more susceptible. Also, a few cards had some scratches on the front surface.

BGS 9.5's and 10's might therefore command more significant premiums this time around.

For what it's worth, though, the centering is much improved. Only a couple of them were centered worse than 55/45.

I took this pic with my cell.

AFLAC11.jpg

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Makes you wonder how one guy got all of those when they were being stingy with them this year.

Nice haul JP

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
jcmint said:
Makes you wonder how one guy got all of those when they were being stingy with them this year.

Smooth talker, no doubt.

Plus, the guy I'm buying 200 more from told me he got kicked out of the game by security while buying his, or else he'd have even more.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
jcmint said:

Nice haul JP

Heard/read some horrible accounts of people basically stealing these cards away from other fans, even to a point were fights were breaking out.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
I have a feeling I will be winning some of your Chavez Clarke when they hit the bay.

Was the guy you purchased from them Asian by chance?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
boxbreaker44 said:
I have a feeling I will be winning some of your Chavez Clarke when they hit the bay.

Was the guy you purchased from them Asian by chance?

No, sir.

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal
jcmint said:

Nice haul JP
There were probably 10 or more people standing around the steps after the gate asking people if the wanted there cards and alot of people would either just give them there cards or the guys would offer to buy them off of them.. I saw people with stacks of AFLAC cards that they got that way..

I can under stand the condition issues with these cards. The ladys handing them out just had the in piles on the table a would just toss them around.. Scratches and dings are gonna be issues...

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Very nice! I only saw about 2 or 3 people there with large stacks of cards. I only got about 7 cards before I was warned so I stopped buying. I still have a few of them so feel free to pm if you're interested.

Seiya

Aug 7, 2008
Chula Vista, CA
Jaypers said:
jcmint said:

Smooth talker, no doubt.

Plus, the guy I'm buying 200 more from told me he got kicked out of the game by security while buying his, or else he'd have even more.
I saw that, it was hilarious.

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
A few days earlier you started a post basically saying that "it is all downhill from here" when Harper's sold for a little over $100

You even posted this ------"I've grown quite disenchanted with these cards over the past couple of years.

They start off red hot, then quickly plummet. And now, since we've seen autographed versions appear in last year's BDP, there's always a chance they'll be returning in this year's BDP, thus making last year's base fall even further.

I'll still buy them, but I've definitely lowered my maximum buy price per card this year.

Let's face it - the only real winners when it comes to these cards are those who attended the game and listed them immediately."

Now you start a thread about picking up hundreds and hundreds

Was the previous posts just a smokescreen to get others not to buy?

I even predicted in that previous thread that when one has the Aflacs then they are the best things to have but when one doesn't have them, they are overrated.[quote="kentuckyderby"]Those that are looking to buy now are of course going to down play it
(well, at least until they sell later)
Those that are looking to sell now are going to hype it up now

It would be interesting to save this thread and see if those that aren't so hot about the potential of a card or player have a different opinion if they became a seller of such card or player[/quote]

Either it was done as a smokescreen to get others disinterested as you were scooping them up OR you had a complete 180 turnaround OR you are truly deranged :)

I personally love the Aflac cards

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
None of the above, Andy.

Re-read my post. I said I would still buy them, but at much lower prices than previous years, which I did. My intention is to flip them, which I've already done in a couple of instances. No smokescreen here.

And btw, the Harper is apparantly already losing steam: [ebay:18zf3ikh]260465317177[/ebay:18zf3ikh]

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
I'm still a believer in Aflac.

10-15 years from now.

What's ***'s first card ever?

Really? He has a Topps/Bowman card from when he was in HIGH SCHOOL?

You're ****ing me?

Yeah i'd like one of those.

And There's only 600 of them???

Sign me up.

1948 Commerce High School Mickey Charles Mantle AFLAC ALL AMERICAN

Is that something you might be interested in?

Members online

Latest posts