Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Harris And Roy Named NBA Players Of The Week

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Who would have guessed this at the start of the season?

The New Jersey Nets’ Devin Harris and the Portland Trail Blazers’ Brandon Roy today were named the Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week, respectively, for games played Monday, Nov. 24, through Sunday, Nov. 30.

Harris averaged a league-best 30.0 points on .535 shooting and added 6.8 assists and 4.3 rebounds as New Jersey went 3-1 on its West Coast trip. On Nov. 30, Harris led the Nets to their first win at Phoenix since 1993 by scoring a career-high 47 points to go along with eight assists and seven rebounds. In that game, Harris set a franchise record for consecutive free-throws made (17-17). On Nov. 26, the 6-3 guard hit the game-winning shot in overtime as the Nets beat Sacramento 116-114.

Roy led the Trail Blazers to a 4-0 record, averaging 20.0 points, 6.0 assists and 5.3 rebounds. On Nov. 28, Roy recorded his first double-double of the season with 25 points and 10 assists in a 101-86 win over New Orleans. Roy has scored 10 or more points 17 times this season, including 12 games with 20 or more points, and leads the team in scoring (20.9 ppg), assists (5.3 ppg) and minutes (36.3).

Wehttam6

Aug 7, 2008
912-GA
Brandon Roy-Roy-2006-07 Rookie Of the Year
I'm going to be searching for Harris stuff at the show I plan on going to this weekend. Maybe there'll be a baseball card seller that happens to have some basketball. (It's happened before and I bought a Brandon Roy Bowman Chrome RC, a 05-06 Danny Granger Bowman RC Jrsy, Danny Granger 2005 Press Pass Auto, and (not basketball) a Jerious Norwood Turkey Red RC...all for $8) As long as Harris is not on the cover of the last issue of Beckett magazine, I should be fine.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Wehttam6 said:
Brandon Roy-Roy-2006-07 Rookie Of the Year
I'm going to be searching for Harris stuff at the show I plan on going to this weekend. Maybe there'll be a baseball card seller that happens to have some basketball. (It's happened before and I bought a Brandon Roy Bowman Chrome RC, a 05-06 Danny Granger Bowman RC Jrsy, Danny Granger 2005 Press Pass Auto, and (not basketball) a Jerious Norwood Turkey Red RC...all for $8) As long as Harris is not on the cover of the last issue of Beckett magazine, I should be fine.

Great idea. It wouldn't suprise me at all if you find a diamond in the rough. Harris cards will be on fire come All-star week. I'm sure beckett magazine will hype him up in the next edition.

Wehttam6

Aug 7, 2008
912-GA
I'll also look for other guys such as Andris Biedrins, Al Jefferson, Kevin Martin, and Jose Calderon (somebody has to feed Bosh the ball, right?) and maybe try on some of this years rookies if I can find any, and of course anything and everything Atlanta Hawks. I don't know those guys' actuall card values, but they aren't "big name" guys and I can usually find cheap stuff of them. It's usually just an upper deck base rc or the like, but they sure are affordable!
Dude, have you noticed how bad Anthony Morrow has been playing since the Jamal Crawford trade? His stats were going to naturally come down from loss of playing time do to Crawford coming over, but Morrow has been just doing awful coming off the bench since being sidelined.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Wehttam6 said:
I'll also look for other guys such as Andris Biedrins, Al Jefferson, Kevin Martin, and Jose Calderon (somebody has to feed Bosh the ball, right?) and maybe try on some of this years rookies if I can find any, and of course anything and everything Atlanta Hawks. I don't know those guys' actuall card values, but they aren't "big name" guys and I can usually find cheap stuff of them. It's usually just an upper deck base rc or the like, but they sure are affordable!
Dude, have you noticed how bad Anthony Morrow has been playing since the Jamal Crawford trade? His stats were going to naturally come down from loss of playing time do to Crawford coming over, but Morrow has been just doing awful coming off the bench since being sidelined.

I dropped Morrow on my fantasy team after I bragged at work how I got him for nothing a week earlier.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Legit Investments said:
Wat do u think a good price on a harris spx.

I'm still buying them if I find them at $20-28. Deron Williams SPx sells for $50-60, Chris Paul's SPx sell for $180+, and Brandon Roy's sell for $90+. I figure Harris cards will be heading in that direction.

Members online

Latest posts