Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Did anyone watch the Rockies-Giants game tonight?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I just got back from the game. It was a wild (and fun) one.

What was the call on Seth Smith in the 6th inning? Did they call him for interference? He didn't look out of the basepaths to me. The AP is just reporting that he "was called out in a rundown," but he was not tagged out.

Any help?

angelsrockies4ever

Aug 7, 2008
Re: Did anyone watch the Rockies-Gianys game tonight?

Mighty Bombjack said:

What was the call on Seth Smith in the 6th inning? Did they call him for interference? He didn't look out of the basepaths to me. The AP is just reporting that he "was called out in a rundown," but he was not tagged out.

Any help?
He ran out of the baselines, well, so the ump called. As you could tell, he was obviously going to be tagged out. Cleverly, as he was running towards home he purposely jumped to the side and made contact with catcher Bengie Molina. While he did this, apparently he jumped out of the base paths. However, he would have been out either way as although it appeared so, it was definitely not interference on Molina.

On to Matt Herges. It looked like his stuff was good, but Barmes's error hurt him. It would have probably been one inning one run for him without the error.
I think Herges will be a welcome addition to the Rockies pen once he settles down a little bit.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008

angelsrockies4ever said:
Mighty Bombjack said:

Any help?
He ran out of the baselines, well, so the ump called. As you could tell, he was obviously going to be tagged out. Cleverly, as he was running towards home he purposely jumped to the side and made contact with catcher Bengie Molina. While he did this, apparently he jumped out of the base paths. However, he would have been out either way as although it appeared so, it was definitely not interference on Molina.

On to Matt Herges. It looked like his stuff was good, but Barmes's error hurt him. It would have probably been one inning one run for him without the error.
I think Herges will be a welcome addition to the Rockies pen once he settles down a little bit.

OK. I was watching from right field, so it was hard to see that he jumped to the side. What a 6th inning that was!

I hope Herges has his stuff. I'd rather have a healthy Cook, but bolstering the bullpen is a good thing.

angelsrockies4ever

Aug 7, 2008

Mighty Bombjack said:
angelsrockies4ever said:
[quote="Mighty Bombjack":1jes7k8l]I just got back from the game. It was a wild (and fun) one.

Any help?

OK. I was watching from right field, so it was hard to see that he jumped to the side. What a 6th inning that was!

I hope Herges has his stuff. I'd rather have a healthy Cook, but bolstering the bullpen is a good thing.[/quote:1jes7k8l]
From what I've read, which I don't get, it doesn't seem like the Rockies are considering giving the spot to Franklin Morales. I've heard Josh Fogg or Adam Eaton, but do you also think Morales is the best option. . . Hopefully Fogg is given the role.

Also, were you close to Todd's home run ball?

And on a side note, do you think Jeff Francis could possibly pitch in the post season if we make it? Although it was said he would be out for the whole season at the beginning of the year, Jeff will be throwing to batters on September 20th. Although it would be a risk, he could be ready to pitch by the playoffs? I may be crazy, but I would love to see Francis in the 3rd spot if Cook is not alright by October.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008

angelsrockies4ever said:
Mighty Bombjack said:
angelsrockies4ever said:
[quote="Mighty Bombjack":2hv7jbfq]I just got back from the game. It was a wild (and fun) one.

Any help?

I hope Herges has his stuff. I'd rather have a healthy Cook, but bolstering the bullpen is a good thing.
From what I've read, which I don't get, it doesn't seem like the Rockies are considering giving the spot to Franklin Morales. I've heard Josh Fogg or Adam Eaton, but do you also think Morales is the best option. . . Hopefully Fogg is given the role.

Also, were you close to Todd's home run ball?

And on a side note, do you think Jeff Francis could possibly pitch in the post season if we make it? Although it was said he would be out for the whole season at the beginning of the year, Jeff will be throwing to batters on September 20th. Although it would be a risk, he could be ready to pitch by the playoffs? I may be crazy, but I would love to see Francis in the 3rd spot if Cook is not alright by October.[/quote:2hv7jbfq]

I think Morales has found his role in the bullpen (for now, at least). Of everybody there, my choice would be Fogg (but that might be my 2007 nostalgia speaking!)

I was on a line from Todd's HR, but a little higher up.

If I were Tracy, I wouldn't gamble with Francis this year at all, playoffs or no. It could be a great story, though.

It feels great to be a Rockies fan right now, doesn't it?!!!

Members online

Latest posts