Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Isn`t it so fun being a Cardinals fan right now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
What a great time to be a Cardinals fan. We have the greatest player today in his prime, two Cy Young candidates both tied for the league lead in wins, the best defensive catcher in all of MLB, a lights out closer with 30+ saves before September, and 8 game lead in the Central, SEVERAL players all over the diamond in serious contention for post season awards, and an owner who has finally allowed his GM to make a boat load of moves. It really is amazing. Better than the MV3 years if you ask me. Moz is the GM of the year. And what surprises me most I think is that Brendan Ryan totally playing out of his damn mind at SS. I can see him winning a Gold Glove. This is so damn fun right now.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
G $MONEY$ said:
[quote="Sam Banks":1zrxtzka]This is so damn fun right now.

enjoy it while it lasts, it truly might be a once in a lifetime event for a Cardinals fan.[/quote:1zrxtzka]

Hmm, why? This is one of the best franchises in Sports.

Sam, while I share you enjoyment as the season has gotten better they need to do to things to make it successful.
1. Deep into the playoffs, ideally a WS appearance
2. Re-sign Holliday and maybe DeRosa (he will want a long term deal but his age should be a concern there)

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
George_Calfas said:
[quote="G $MONEY$":13yrpigt][quote="Sam Banks":13yrpigt]This is so damn fun right now.

enjoy it while it lasts, it truly might be a once in a lifetime event for a Cardinals fan.[/quote:13yrpigt]

[/quote:13yrpigt]

They might be, but you just never know if you will have a team as talented and competitive as they have been the last few years, again.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
G $MONEY$ said:
[quote="George_Calfas":30ts2nvb][quote="G $MONEY$":30ts2nvb][quote="Sam Banks":30ts2nvb]This is so damn fun right now.

enjoy it while it lasts, it truly might be a once in a lifetime event for a Cardinals fan.[/quote:30ts2nvb]

[/quote:30ts2nvb]

They might be, but you just never know if you will have a team as talented and competitive as they have been the last few years, again.[/quote:30ts2nvb]

I see what you are saying. As a lifelong fan I can only remember few years that we truly did not have a solid club

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
G $MONEY$ said:
[quote="George_Calfas":1poqiuq1][quote="G $MONEY$":1poqiuq1][quote="Sam Banks":1poqiuq1]This is so damn fun right now.

enjoy it while it lasts, it truly might be a once in a lifetime event for a Cardinals fan.[/quote:1poqiuq1]

[/quote:1poqiuq1]

They might be, but you just never know if you will have a team as talented and competitive as they have been the last few years, again.[/quote:1poqiuq1]

We missed the playoffs the last 2 years....

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
G $MONEY$ said:
[quote="Sam Banks":3envznfn]This is so damn fun right now.

enjoy it while it lasts, it truly might be a once in a lifetime event for a Cardinals fan.[/quote:3envznfn]

We won our 10th (2nd only to the Yankees) world series in 2006....winning isn't a once in a lifetime event for Cardinals fans.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
thefasterblade -This season will be a failure if this team doesn`t win the World Series. Then again, that is how I personally measure EVERY season. But if they were to lose a competetive World Series it wouldn`t necessarially mean they choked. The Tigers didn`t choke in 06. They just played a hot team at the wrong time. G Money -Don`t worry, I am enjoying it. And I have enjoyed this entire decade. The Cardinals have been one of the best overall teams the last 9 years. There have been many great things happen since 2000. You kind of made it sound like this was some fluke or rare thing, where they will have this great year and then go into exile for a decade or something. Well, I don`t think that is what you mean, or that will happen. I think the ownership group has finally removed their heads from their asses and loosened the handcuffs from Moz`s wrists, and let him go out and make several splashes to make this team a juggernaut. Something they didn`t really let Jocketty do.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
It must really suck being a Cubs fan right now though. Thought it was their year? But then again every year is their year. Until September rolls around in most cases of course.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Sam Banks said:
It must really suck being a Cubs fan right now though. Thought it was their year? But then again every year is their year. Until September rolls around in most cases of course.

Sam it does not bode will right now to be a Cubs fan, but it hardly sucks. And yes this was to be "their year", as well
as every year, but the same can be said for the Redsox, Blue Jays, Yankees, Cardinals, White Sox, and who every has a contending team. I know the Cubs are not contending this season, even if they become the wild card they are done anyway. But even you have to be very surprised that the Cards are where there at.

And the Cubs actually failed back in June, then even drowned, after the all-star game. So the don't "they do this in
September every year"
Or the C.U.B.S Cubs useless by September is getting old.This team does not have any chemistry on it and never will. Jim Hendry has changed over 40% of the team from last year and some of the chemistry left with those changes . Actually all of it is gone.

Oddly you were the same person that started with, "The cards suck since they are not going out and getting anything in the off season ( free agent market) and they will sucks ass the season. "Pitching sucks and we need some more bats". But now look you. :D

Surprisingly enough I thought the same thing, but you know what works for your Cardinals ,Chemistry, that is the key of all good teams. I know hitting and pitching helps too, but it's what is done with those things that make the team.

The Cubs lack any kind of leadership and the right to say they have chemistry. So yes it is wait until next year again :D
By hey is that what it is every year anyway. :D :lol:

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Sam Banks said:
Color me shocked :eek: :shock: :eek: that this couldn't just be a "hey the Cardinals are doing great" thread. Had to drag this in there. Can't believe it got left out of the OP.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
You`re right Richard, I did say those things, that`s why I am so surprised at how things are going, lol. I knew the Cubs were doomed when they got rid of Mark DeRosa so they could sign Milton Bradley of all people. You could see that being a trainwreck for the club from day 1. I DID think that Aaron Miles would do better for the Cardinals than he has done. And in my defense I said the Cubs sucked ass in 2006 too and that turned out pretty well, lol.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
chasehawk what is the fun in having a rivalry when you can`t banter back and fourth? Don`t be mad at me because I have a little fun with it. I didn`t get all whiney when the Cubs fan on here and my Facebook were giving me a hard time when the Cubs took 1st from the Cardinals a few weeks ago. It`s fun, and not to be taken serious. I don`t take it serious when Cubs fans give me **** when they are doing better than St. Louis. Oh wait, that`s because we Cards fans have 10 World Series titles to fall back on and aren`t in our 100+ year of futility either, lol.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Sam Banks said:
You`re right Richard, I did say those things, that`s why I am so surprised at how things are going, lol. I knew the Cubs were doomed when they got rid of Mark DeRosa so they could sign Milton Bradley of all people. You could see that being a trainwreck for the club from day 1. I DID think that Aaron Miles would do better for the Cardinals than he has done. And in my defense I said the Cubs sucked ass in 2006 too and that turned out pretty well, lol.

Yes you did and hey you always say they suck.
And I find it good that you and I, can banter back and forth, and not really lose site of our likes for our teams and the distain for the other. :lol:

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
It`s because you get it and see my silly Facebook posts and stuff and don`t take it so dang serious that you freak out everytime someone gives the Cubs or their fans a little Hell like some people do. It`s a rivalry, it`s supposed to have competetive banter.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Sam , Hawk and Pine count to ten , deep breathing , name your best players then

name 9 PIRATES left from start of this year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or any year last 20 years

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Sam Banks said:
chasehawk what is the fun in having a rivalry when you can`t banter back and fourth? Don`t be mad at me because I have a little fun with it. I didn`t get all whiney when the Cubs fan on here and my Facebook were giving me a hard time when the Cubs took 1st from the Cardinals a few weeks ago. It`s fun, and not to be taken serious. I don`t take it serious when Cubs fans give me shat when they are doing better than St. Louis. Oh wait, that`s because we Cards fans have 10 World Series titles to fall back on and aren`t in our 100+ year of futility either, lol.
Chris Tucker says, "Why you gotta bring up old stuff for??"

Latest posts