Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

For all of the negativity and rumors...,

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dethomas07

Aug 7, 2008
Ashland, KY
surrounding Brandon Webb this season, the whole family has a reason to celebrate!

On Friday, August 21st, Austin Webb was born into this world. 8 lbs 12 ozs with a head full of hair.

I won't share pictures for obvious reasons, but this is my chance to share the great news!

David

dethomas07

Aug 7, 2008
Ashland, KY
kentuckyderby said:
I have no idea what rumors were out there?

roids?

Landon, yes, I know him and his family.

As far as rumors, no, not roids. Trade rumors, rumor about hi
trying to mess around with the team because they wouldn't give him an extension, etc.

David

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Hey David, hope all is well with you, and please pass on my congrats and good wishes to Brandon and his family!

prozac4312

Aug 7, 2008
Akron, OH
nkdbacks said:
Hey David, hope all is well with you, and please pass on my congrats and good wishes to Brandon and his family!

"Hey Brandon...This guy I don't know from this baseball card forum wanted me to tell you congratulations."

Riiiight.

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
prozac4312 said:
nkdbacks said:

"Hey Brandon...This guy I don't know from this baseball card forum wanted me to tell you congratulations."

Riiiight.

I agree that it would be a goofy conversation if dethomas told Webb that a random freak from a bb card forum said congrats but to be fair, kind of a random post by OP to wish Webb and his family congrats here as if Webb would see it (heck, we even now know the weight and amount of hair on the kid's head!)

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum
kentuckyderby said:
prozac4312 said:
nkdbacks said:

Riiiight.

I agree that it would be a goofy conversation if dethomas told Webb that a random freak from a bb card forum said congrats but to be fair, kind of a random post by OP to wish Webb and his family congrats here as if Webb would see it (heck, we even now know the weight and amount of hair on the kid's head!)

Random and just plain creepy. At first I figured it was just a case of name dropping, but the more I thought about the more it became creepy.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
As silly as it may seem, David has a pretty solid relationship with Brandon and he probably wouldn't think it as weird at all.

A nice gesture is still a nice gesture, even if it is from someone unknown. It's probably no different than people here asking to keep their significant others/family members in their prayers/thoughts if they are ill.

Now for me, who cares about the kid's hair...let's talk about some throwing routines and get that arm in shape.

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
200lbhockeyplayer said:
As silly as it may seem, David has a pretty solid relationship with Brandon and he probably wouldn't think it as weird at all.

A nice gesture is still a nice gesture, even if it is from someone unknown. It's probably no different than people here asking to keep their significant others/family members in their prayers/thoughts if they are ill.

Now for me, who cares about the kid's hair...let's talk about some throwing routines and get that arm in shape.

I guess it is part being proud and happy for the family
A small part maybe "name-dropping" although not in the smug way
I guess I am guilty as well when I mention who I coached or coached against

I didn't really think much of it until post was made cracking how it was silly to tell Webb "congrats." It was then that I thought that if it was goofy to say congrats in post then it was goofy to make post about birth and stats of baby

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
kentuckyderby said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

I guess it is part being proud and happy for the family
A small part maybe "name-dropping" although not in the smug way
I guess I am guilty as well when I mention who I coached or coached against

I didn't really think much of it until post was made cracking how it was silly to tell Webb "congrats." It was then that I thought that if it was goofy to say congrats in post then it was goofy to make post about birth and stats of baby

Yeah, your "smugness" definitely shines through when we always hear about "who you coached".....or "who you coached against"....or even "who you sat by in the stands at a game that you weren't coaching but just there to watch & show your support"... :lol: Just messin' with ya KDerb. :D

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
Could someone point out where dethomas offered congrats to the Webb family?

Seems to me that he simply shared the news. And as someone who has received an IP Webb auto from dethomas for winning a contest, I appreciate the news.

The OP may also be showing that there are more important things than baseball.

There was absolutely nothing creepy about the original post and there was no need for any negativity.

Latest posts