Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Unassisted Triple Play!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gregbara

Aug 10, 2008
Thank Jerry Manuel for his pathetic coaching. Sending runners in that situation, no out and 2 runners on, and down 2 runs. Last thing you do is send the runners.

JERRY = FAIL !!!

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Unreal. The poor Mets fans looked in shock (again).

I hope he didn't just chuck the ball away like Mickey Moriandini did when he pulled his triple play.

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
OMG. Completely pissing the game away(not Lidge's fault) and one of the most incredible endings ever.

I really hope Manuel and Minaya stay forever.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
gregbara said:
Thank Jerry Manuel for his pathetic coaching. Sending runners in that situation, no out and 2 runners on, and down 2 runs. Last thing you do is send the runners.

JERRY = FAIL !!!
No it is in the Mets handbook to send the runners in that situation :lol:

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
Probably my most favorite play in baseball.

Shame though, now J.O. will probably bump his dumb, "What will happen next" thread.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
jeff550 said:
wow that just fell in is lap (kind of)

Funny you should say that. That is almost word for word what Tulowitzki said of his UTP. All of the unassisted triple plays after 1900 are of this variety (except two): runners on first and second with no outs, runners moving on the pitch, soft line drive hit up the middle to either the 2nd baseman or shortstop. The exceptions were line drives hit to first basemen.

Ian Kinsler would have had an unassisted triple play earlier this year had he not thrown the ball to Elvis Andrus, and instead tagged the runner in front of him and ran to second for the third out:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd ... p&c_id=mlb

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts