Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wouldn't it be cool if

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the1mcjensen

Aug 7, 2008
they made a card set featuring football players from movies, but not as the actors, but the character they portrayed.

I had thought of this a while back and attempted some crude ''promos'' and I was watching Necessary Roughness earlier and made me think of this.

again, forgive my horrible photoshop skills, lol

paulblake.jpg

williebeamen.jpg

get the actual jerseys worn in the movie, and also have an auto set where they signed the name ie, instead of Scott Bakula, he would sign Paul Blake.

Whatcha guys think?

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
I think that the logistics to getting this set together would be prohibitive. Take a look at 'A Piece of History' Baseball. I opened a box last year and got a piece of Mel Gibson's pants from We Were Soldiers. Decently cool, except that the card has no picture on it. The back of the card reads: "Congratulations! You have received a trading card with "We Were Soldiers" movie-worn costume memorabilia. The memorabilia has been certified to us as having been worn by Mel in the movie "We Were Soldiers.""

It's that bit of text that indicates to me that many modern stars (or at the very least 'Mel') are not too keen on letting people use their likeness on cards. Maybe they want too much money to do so. Who knows? I think the idea is pretty great, but the odds of it coming to fruition are currently slim.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
It would be nice to see a sports movie have some card sets. It wouldn't be any harder than when Star Trek, Lost, Buffy, Doom, and a crapload of other movies/shows come out with card sets.

I would have loved to see Breygent, Inkworks, or even Rittenhouse make a set for something like Friday Night Lights or Any Given Sunday.

Really, I would have loved one for The Longest Yard. Getting a Michael Irvin (as Deacon Moss) costume jersey card. Not to mention guys like Adam Sandler, Bill Goldberg, Nelly, Burt Reynolds, and others in their characters. Who wouldn't love a Cheeseburger Eddie card?

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
Love the idea! Billy Cole from The Last Boyscout would be awesome. I would love to see some players from The Program, Varsity Blues, Any Given Sunday. Being that Friday Night Lights was based on a true story a set from that with real autos would be feasible I would imagine.

Daltonb1219

Jul 16, 2009
Card Magnet said:
It would be nice to see a sports movie have some card sets. It wouldn't be any harder than when Star Trek, Lost, Buffy, Doom, and a crapload of other movies/shows come out with card sets.

I would have loved to see Breygent, Inkworks, or even Rittenhouse make a set for something like Friday Night Lights or Any Given Sunday.

Really, I would have loved one for The Longest Yard. Getting a Michael Irvin (as Deacon Moss) costume jersey card. Not to mention guys like Adam Sandler, Bill Goldberg, Nelly, Burt Reynolds, and others in their characters. Who wouldn't love a Cheeseburger Eddie card?

Did you know that Cheeseburger Eddie (Terry Crews) was in the NFL for a short time he played for the LA Rams he had a career 0 tackles in the NFL :mrgreen:an played for 4 teams

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Daltonb1219 said:
Card Magnet said:

Did you know that Cheeseburger Eddie (Terry Crews) was in the NFL for a short time he played for the LA Rams he had a career 36 tackles in the NFL :mrgreen:
Ha, I didn't know that. Winder if he had any cards...