Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The new Topps commercial is a waste

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 30, 2009
Well at least theres a commercial for Baseball cards. Too bad its useless.

For tose who havent seen it, its about 15 seconds, maybe less and only shows base Topps cards in front of a flashy colorful backround.

The VO does nothing, just spews some catch phrases and the like.

Its aimed at getting people to START collecting. Well to say it DOESNT do its job would be an understatement.

NO ONE watching it will be tempted to start as the comercial doesnt give any new info about TODAYS cards that a new or maybe new collector doesnt already know. Pretty sure everone knows that todays stars and rookies have baseball cards. I dont think anyone would be shocked to see Jeter on a baseball card.

What they SHOULD show are game used and auto cards. Yes I know that GU cards are a dime a dozen.....TO US. I cant tell you how many non or new colectors think GU cards are amazing. Ive had it happen MANY TIMES in my shop.

Who desont love autos (stickers or not)? Also cant tell you how many times non collectors think that autos on cards are FAKE. "So I can actually get a real autograph in a pack?"

Take it from personal experience, new collectors, past collectors and non collectors do not know about GU or auto cards yet when they are showed them, even an Eric Chavez bat (no offense), they are amazed.

As Ive been saying a TON lately, "If only I was in charge of the Hobby"

Members online

Latest posts