Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Weird Auto story

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
so my buddy Rick Elder, who was drafted first round in 98 by the Orioles calls me a few days ago, and said "dude, some guy sent me $100 and a bunch of my cards asking me to sign them" He knows I am an auto dork, and said "is this normal?" I was like "No.. that is freaky". Anyone ever do that?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
He should be flattered that not only does someone want his autograph, that they also feel the need to pay him and pay him well for a few minutes of his time.

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
yea.. but if this guy knew Rick. He would have signed for free and as many as he wanted. He said back when he played he would sign autos for anyone that asked. Funny story I actually met him when he played at Delmarva, and he was really cool. I ran into him again at a Braves game about 3 years ago, and we have been friends since..

MattinglyAlexander

Dec 17, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Yeah, I think I have a couple of cards I'd like him to sign. I was going through stuff the other day and pulled out a '99 BC international and a '00 BC refractor. Was wondering whatever happened to him.

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
he is teaching batting to kids at East Cobb, kind of hanging around. He was smart with his signing bonus and invested into his parents company. Came out really well when they sold it. So he is doing well. I will have to post a photo or two from the beer pong incident in Feb of this year. quite humorous.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts