Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PSA Question...90's Topps Tek Style

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I bought this card just hoping it was the gold, although it didn't quite look like it. (I was hoping it was a bad scan! ;) ) Anyways, it is not a Topps Tek GOLD, is just a Topps Tek card, so PSA did not label this right.
tek.jpg

I am not blaming seller, and I understood the risk. I could have asked if it was serial numbered.

My question is: Is there anything PSA would do, except change holders? Maybe give me my money back from the auction, offer me hundreds of free gradings, maybe, or even give me a golden ticket to tour their factory (I know, I know, stay away from the chocolate river!)

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Saw the auction, but it is mislabeled and nothing more. Gold's are numbered to 10 and quite different looking. Nothing about that card should be labeled "Gold". I think PSA would correct their error if you sent it back to them with a letter explaining. It does slabbers no good credibility-wise to have cards incorrectly labeled. I doubt they would do much else, but you could always ask for some free grading coupons.

A gold in that pattern (P2) looks like the card on the left. It is not see-thru like the base card on the right.

99TOPPSTEKGOLDA02.jpg 99TOPPSTEKA02.jpg

RudyGayExquisite

Sep 1, 2008
If you are a PSA member, you can get the card reslabbed for free because it's a 'mechanical error'
You will have to pay shipping prices though.

Members online