Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 Donruss Team Heroes MASTER Team Set

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vizquel_collector

Aug 24, 2009
Anyone seen these before? I bought an Indians set of these a while back, but never seen any since. They're identical to the 2003 Team Heroes Master Set /20, other than it's Master TEAM Set and they're numbered /15.

Wanted to share, and see what people think the bigger name guys like Cliff Lee, Sabathia, Victor Martinez, Thome, and Feller might be worth. Thoughts?

(sorry for the rotten scan, will redo it)

2003TeamHeroesMasterTeamSet.jpg

weegee

Aug 30, 2008
Maine
scan0001-1.jpg
Was confusing at first if it was this or the /20 version (listed on beckett for Nixon). One place said it was numbered to 15 the other said 20. The 20 was the listed version but I got both.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
weegee said:
scan0001-1.jpg
Was confusing at first if it was this or the /20 version (listed on beckett for Nixon). One place said it was numbered to 15 the other said 20. The 20 was the listed version but I got both.

You probably already knew this, but there are two different versions of the Master Set /20. Cards with serial numbers from 1-10 have GOLD foil, while 11-20 have SILVER foil. Interesting, eh?

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
VizquelCollector said:
weegee said:
scan0001-1.jpg

You probably already knew this, but there are two different versions of the Master Set /20. Cards with serial numbers from 1-10 have GOLD foil, while 11-20 have SILVER foil. Interesting, eh?

Yup.

Pretty tough cards for player collectors.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
I remember going after the /15 and /20 parallels from this set when I collected Magglio Ordonez, and they're a pain in the butt. For how rare they are, they're not that much more visually appealing than the cheap base cards. For that reason you won't have any set collectors to bid them up, so if you started an auction at .99 it might not go too high. I don't know how much player collectors would pay, but if you were to try and sell them I think the best way is to have a BIN/BO auction and see if any player collectors make an offer.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
mrwhitesox30 said:
...I don't know how much player collectors would pay, but if you were to try and sell them I think the best way is to have a BIN/BO auction and see if any player collectors make an offer.

That's my thinking as well! I'll have to spend some time researching the 'bay to get a feel for what each of those players are going for. It seems like there should be a few player collectors of the main guys that would pay at least $10-$15, if not more. But maybe I'm crazy...

weegee

Aug 30, 2008
Maine
VizquelCollector said:
weegee said:
scan0001-1.jpg

I didn't know when i first tried figuring the cards out. I was told by some other collectors. My version of the /20 is number 1 and have never seen the silver. Never seen any of the others

Members online

Latest posts