Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

More nasty UD cuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I just think these things are hideous. Often when someone collects autographed Perez-Steele postcards, but find that some players died before they were produced, they make a custom by sticking a cut onto a postcard. I think it's ugly. UD buying one of those customs and sticking onto a card is even uglier. I'd prefer they just take the cut off of the postcard. I guess it's just the layered look that bothers me.

Feel free to comment.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
sportscardtheory said:
Okay, this has to stop. I mean, it's reaching absurd levels. I wouldn't never in my life buy one of those hideous cards. They should be ashamed.
Well even though you will not people have bought these, so they will still make them.

josh3302

Oct 28, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
Okay, this has to stop. I mean, it's reaching absurd levels. I wouldn't never in my life buy one of those hideous cards. They should be ashamed.
Don't use double negatives!!!!!

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
So because the cut itself is so small, their solution is to cut up yet another card to paste behind it, and they still can't cut it to fit right? ::facepalm:: Looks like a 3 layer card.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
You know in "What Happens in Vegas" where they ring the door bell and punch the guy in the junk and say, "YOU KNOW WHY!"?

Well, this would be a great thing to do to some of the folks at UD....Topps too, but who is counting?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
They are fairly hideous. Why not just remove the Perez-Steele bakcground? Surely it adds nothing and is extremely easy to do.

In regards to the Baker being fairly low, I'm no expert, but that signature (primarily the "B" and "r" don't look right to me. Hopefully one of the HOF guys see this thread...I'd love their input.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
They are fairly hideous. Why not just remove the Perez-Steele bakcground? Surely it adds nothing and is extremely easy to do.

In regards to the Baker being fairly low, I'm no expert, but that signature (primarily the "B" and "r" don't look right to me. Hopefully one of the HOF guys see this thread...I'd love their input.

That's a crappy sig. I haven't looked close enough to give an opinion on authenticity, and I'm no Baker expert, but I do know that it is not a representative signature. It may be early, who knows.

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
Adamsince1981 said:
You know in "What Happens in Vegas" where they ring the door bell and punch the guy in the junk and say, "YOU KNOW WHY!"?

Well, this would be a great thing to do to some of the folks at UD....Topps too, but who is counting?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
If you do a "Dimaggio cut" search on Ebay, you get 19 auction type hits and 36 hits from stores.

I counted 8 of those listings that were nothing more than 1993 Pinnacle autos cut up and glued onto UD. Some of them even left the part where its says Pinnacle on the portion cut out.

Like really, what the hell is this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-SP-LEGENDARY-C ... .m20.l1116

Sorry, I know its not directly related to Perez-Steele, but stuff like that pisses me off.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I really hope ud bought them like that and just decided to leave them as is, cause if they actually did that its awful.

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
They will keep making cuts until the morons that buy them realize they can buy (in almost all cases) the item the cut is made from (i.e. a signed ball, card, postcard) for half the price or less. The only thing sillier than these cuts is the people who buy cuts in general.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
So most of you guys probably don't have the insight into UD and Topps than I do. I asked my top secret contact and he told me what happened. Apparently they had a weekly staff meeting where an intern proposed this set he designed using "Paint." He pulled out a mockup of a card he printed off, the other guys raised their eyebrows and said "Well it's already 10:30 and this goes to print at noon. Let's all grab some scissors and get to work."

I hope I don't get him in trouble for leaking those details...

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
As long as people continue to bust boxes of this crap and buy singles on the secondary market, UD and Topps could give two ***** about us, the collectors. Stop buying cuts from UD and Topps and have guys like 200lb Hockey Player make you a cut, you will be 1000000000000000000x happier with the end product.

Members online

Latest posts