Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who are your top 8 2008 Bowman Draft base players right now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TelePlayer22

Aug 7, 2008
Base it on potential, current prices, whatever you'd like.

Here's my list:

1. Rick Porcello -- far and away the best base card in the set, obviously. Only guy who's gold ref could sell for over $100

2. Jordan Danks -- really impressive combination of athleticism, power and speed

3. Christian Friedrich -- left-hander with smooth mechanics and solid stuff -- I think he should move quickly.

4. Jake Odorizzi -- sneaky fast, power guy who was a good pick up in the supp. round

5. Zeke Spruill -- great command

6. Anthony Ferrara -- could have been a 1st round talent except for injuries, nice pick up in the 8th round

7. Ryne White -- I like the BB/K rate, respectable rookie ball debut

8. Graham Hicks -- some mechanical issues, but projectable and lots of room to add velocity.

Best of the rest; Johnny Giavotella, Paul Demny, Brandon Crawford,

Did not make it; Dennis Raben, Isaac Galloway

Post your lists.

Autismic

Aug 7, 2008
I Love Monsanto
Nice #2...Here's hoping he doesn't get a 2nd year Auto in '09 Bowman

img500.jpg

mhsbaseball34

Aug 10, 2008
Autismic said:
Nice #2...Here's hoping he doesn't get a 2nd year Auto in '09 Bowman

img500.jpg

It doesn't hurt he's one of the nicest players I have met. I'm starting a little stash of him because of of it.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
3. Christian Friedrich -- left-hander with smooth mechanics and solid stuff -- I think she should move quickly.

she?? not too confident now. :lol: :lol:

dave

TelePlayer22

Aug 7, 2008
daveyou said:
3. Christian Friedrich -- left-hander with smooth mechanics and solid stuff -- I think she should move quickly.

she?? not too confident now. :lol: :lol:

dave

Oh man. Typo of the day.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
A looser translation:

"I like Danks because he's a Horn and I've met him. So stay away from his cards, especially the Super" :D

TelePlayer22

Aug 7, 2008
JoshHamilton said:
A looser translation:

"I like Danks because he's a Horn and I've met him. So stay away from his cards, especially the Super" :D

Did you win the red refractor??

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
sheetskout said:
Odorizzi will surprise you. Beware...

Amen brother Amen...Odorizzi was INSANE as a HS pitcher (0.09 ERA) and showed he will move up in his short stint in minors last season

Besides Jake Odorizzi, Cesar Carrillo, Joe Benson, Brian Bogusevic, Carmen Pignatello, Kris Honel, Erik Les, Victor Diaz I guess you can add Christian Freid____ of Rockies (Loyola Academy and Eastern kentucky) as guys I coached against.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
I love Devaris Gordon, but I decided not to buy because he doesn't project to have much HR power, and I don't want to take the chance that he'll catch on like Alcides Escobar. A high average, high SB shortstop with Gold Glove potential is still nice though.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
TelePlayer22 said:
Base it on potential, current prices, whatever you'd like.

Here's my list:

6. Anthony Ferrara -- could have been a 1st round talent except for injuries, nice pick up in the 8th round

7. Ryne White -- I like the BB/K rate, respectable rookie ball debut.

Picked up two of his gold refs last night for less than $40 delivered for the pair. I couldn't help it. He is a BOILERMAKER!!!!!

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
TelePlayer22 said:
2. Jordan Danks -- really impressive combination of athleticism, power and speed

I would have liked Danks as a top guy in the set, but where is the power? It seems to just vanish for no reason.

13 HR in 3 years @ Texas...and that's with metal bats!

That's enough for me to stay away.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts