Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

thank goodness we kept joba

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

porcello94

Aug 9, 2009
boomo said:
saving grace for the yanks, whew !!

Why don't you stop bitching about the yankees and pitch yourself. I hear its kinda hard to pitch in the bigs, but that might not be accurate. :?

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
porcello94 said:
Why don't you stop bitching about the yankees and pitch yourself. I hear its kinda hard to pitch in the bigs, but that might not be accurate. :?

....?

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
cowboysrule48 said:
The Rays are playing their best ball of the year, and Texas and Boston both keep rolling. So frustrating.
That's how I feel with the Angels...So frustrating, no worries the Angels and Sox will blow and it and both of us will make it...

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Here come the redsox fans!

Hey Jays_Cards, where's that picture of Beckett, did you not like his great performance against the Yankees?

By the way, Joba didn't really pitch any worse then Beckett or Buchholz last starts.

Joba has been getting hurt with two out hit, as has the rest of the Yankees pitching. 13 of the 14 runs givin up in the second game against the red sox came with two outs.

Also, I would much rather have a great set-up man and a good starter then a pitcher (Johan Santana) who is having season ending sholder surgery.

And don't forget, the Yanklees still have a big lead in the AL east, and the last three games the yankees play in the regular season are the Ray, andif the Yankees don't need to win them they won't if the Wild card is close.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
porcello94 said:
boomo said:

why dont guys who are supposed to pitch in the majors stop sucking and ill stop complaining. yanks will still blow the east

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
boomo said:
porcello94 said:
boomo said:

why dont guys who are supposed to pitch in the majors stop sucking and ill stop complaining. yanks will still blow the east
:idea:

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
vwnut13 said:

Hey Jays_Cards, where's that picture of Beckett, did you not like his great performance against the Yankees?

By the way, Joba didn't really pitch any worse then Beckett or Buchholz last starts.

Joba has been getting hurt with two out hit, as has the rest of the Yankees pitching. 13 of the 14 runs givin up in the second game against the red sox came with two outs.

Also, I would much rather have a great set-up man and a good starter then a pitcher (Johan Santana) who is having season ending sholder surgery.

And don't forget, the Yanklees still have a big lead in the AL east, and the last three games the yankees play in the regular season are the Ray, andif the Yankees don't need to win them they won't if the Wild card is close.

You are honestly the most clueless, largest ********* I have ever encountered on a public forum. Another add to the FOE list.

shepsspot

Oct 27, 2008
WoundedDuck said:
porcello94 said:

....?

Because he started a thread about AJ Burnett after he took the @ss beating last Saturday! Just another Yankees fan that will be telling you how good he is when he wins his next start.

Shep

porcello94

Aug 9, 2009
shepsspot said:
WoundedDuck said:
porcello94 said:

....?

Because he started a thread about AJ Burnett after he took the @ss beating last Saturday! Just another Yankees fan that will be telling you how good he is when he wins his next start.

Shep

Thank you for explaining.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
Finally we catch a break this inning...Damn, the Posada was lucky as hell, A-Rod should've struck out (like 5 other missed calls so far...)

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
shepsspot said:
WoundedDuck said:
porcello94 said:

....?

Shep

uh, no shep that will never ever happen.
i have never sucked up to my teams, ever.
burnett is a joke, joba is a joke. the whole team and there best record
will land up being a joke again. maybe 50 years from now they recover
from the 2004 3-0 debacle.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Jays_Cards said:
vwnut13 said:

And don't forget, the Yankees still have a big lead in the AL east, and the last three games the yankees play in the regular season are the Ray, andif the Yankees don't need to win them they won't if the Wild card is close.

You are honestly the most clueless, largest ********* I have ever encountered on a public forum. Another add to the FOE list.

smile_cry.gif

Why, because I wondered why Beckett dissapeared from you sig aftered he sucked against the Yankees and the Jays. He has only given up 15 runs in 13.1 innings.

It must hurt seeing Back-Back-Back-Beckett season stats becoming worse and worse while CC Sabathia is stepping up in August, when the season really starts to count, and not faltering like Beckett.

Areyou tring to say that you would have wanted to trade Lester, Bowden, Coco Crisp, and Lowrie to the Twins to get a pitcher who need season ending surgery a year and a half later?

And I am clueless by saying Joba didn't pitch much worse then Beckett or Buchholz in their last starts?

Buchholz's last two start... (Toronto and White Sox)
10.2 IP, 12 hits, 8 runs, 4 walks, 7 strikeouts (ERA - 6.75, ERA in last start - 13.5)

Beckett's last two starts... (Toronto and Yankees)
13.1 IP, 18 hits, 15 runs, 1 walk, 9 strikeouts (ERA - 10.13, ERA in last start - 9)

Joba's last two starts... (Seattle and Texas)
9 IP, 16 hits, 11 runs, 6 walks, 7 strikeouts (ERA 11, ERA in last start - 15.75)

Yes, Joba did do worse then Beckett and Buchholz, but remember, Joba was pitching on 8 days of rest, that isn't the best thing for a pitcher.

Another thing to remember, Beckett is your Ace, and Buchholz is your third starter. Joba is our FOURTH starter.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts