Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Daily Wednesday 8-26-09

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Morning all. I get to go to Ebensburg (yea, I know you have never heard of it) to pay on a fine. Woohoo. :x

Here's something I did while I was bored waiting for the daily thread...

glenbeckbrains.png

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
And the USPS wonders why they are losing customers. And no, email si not killing them. Over 99% of the emails I get are stuff that would never be mailed.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Good morning guys.

Jeff- The USPS strikes again. They always want to raise their rates, yet the provide an inferior service.

Hard Knocks is on HBO tonight. Does anyone else watch it? Being a Bengals fan I will definitely be watching again tonight.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Can somebody tell me what's wrong with this item on ebay? I'll give you a hint...retired #12 "Joe Willy's" last name is not Testaverde. This made me laugh and facepalm at the same time.

[ebay:1lpl15ka]230371338816[/ebay:1lpl15ka]

!BZJt3Zw!mk~$(KGrHgoOKiwEjlLmVWD3BKlTNe6crg~~_12.jpg

And on the subject of stupid things - wow. The USPS really got you.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
this is why i have stoped using the usps for boxes. fedex is a good $2 cheaper and the rate comes with tracking and som inshurance.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
Card Magnet said:
Can somebody tell me what's wrong with this item on ebay? I'll give you a hint...retired #12 "Joe Willy's" last name is not Testaverde. This made me laugh and facepalm at the same time.

[ebay:2lo5r0rb]230371338816[/ebay:2lo5r0rb]

!BZJt3Zw!mk~$(KGrHgoOKiwEjlLmVWD3BKlTNe6crg~~_12.jpg

And on the subject of stupid things - wow. The USPS really got you.
and no nfl logo ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I found the Black version of 06 Select Hot Rookies for my Sinorice Select project. The only problem is that the pricetag is $15 + $1.50 s/h.

I don't know that I'd want to pay that much for a non auto card, even though it is #/6.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Logos only came on authentic jerseys until NFL Equipment came along in 2002

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Speaking of the USPS...

I went downstairs to get some brunch, and I saw my mailman was coming up my porch steps. He was wearing a t shirt, jean shorts, and a trucker hat. Real classy for a government worker.

I watched him fumble around while jamming stuff in my mail slot (and trashing a catalog in the process). Then he stood there for a few seconds, and I wondered what he was doing.

I get my mail, and it turns out he filled out a slip saying "Sorry we missed you". That's right, Mr. Employee of the Month didn't even cough on my door, let alone knock to see if I was home.

My local PO is going to get a biiiiig earful when I go to pick my box up. I'm pretty jacked right now.

Oh yea, to top it off, it says I owe $7.50 for postage on it! The only thing I can imagine I would be getting as a parcel would be a group of inserts/rookies that I won on a contest here. I would hope that's not what it is.

End of rant, but not end of boiling blood. What a way to start the day before I go to pay on a fine.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
Card Magnet said:
I get my mail, and it turns out he filled out a slip saying "Sorry we missed you". That's right, Mr. Employee of the Month didn't even cough on my door, let alone knock to see if I was home.

They have done that to me numerous times.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I've had that happen before as well. That always pisses me off. Is it really that hard to do your job?

Anywho, the USPS service just keeps slipping and slipping and they seriously wonder why their business is dropping. Don't get me wrong, I use the flat rate Priority boxes from time to time. Obviously I use them when mailing out trades/eBay sales. If some other company were to offer a mail service like the USPS, I would probably make the switch.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
like i said before. for any parcel fedex is cheaper than usps. i mean what hapened to fedex was the most expensive. usps is a total JOKE

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
My postal guy is super cool, he will leave a note saying "sign for this and leave it in the box" and leave the package so I don't get inconvienced. Worked great thus far!

:mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.