Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Milton Bradley is a peach.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Heard he said this while watching First Take this morning. "It`s hard to be comfortable when you don`t get a hit and get boo`d everytime." Well Milton, maybe you should have thought about fan perception before you threw the ball into the bleachers at Wrigley with 2 outs and a runner on base earlier this season. Or before you took off from the dugout/clubhouse in the middle of a game to the announcers booth to beat them up because they hurt your wee wittle feelings. Dude, you have been an enormous ****** your entire career, what kind of stock have you built up with the Cubs fans to NOT get boo`d when you suck? I was elated when Bradley went to Chicago because I knew it would end badly, and it pretty much has. And if it weren`t for MB going to the Cubs, the Cardinals never would have acquired DeRosa. So thanks for being a bonehead Bradley. Cardinals fans appreciate it.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I thought you were going to do a Tony Montana impression, as in:

"Dat Milton Bradley is a peach of chit! Say hullo to da bad guy! Jew need me!"

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Sam, I disagree with about 99% of what you say, but this is the 1% you are right on the money about. I bemoaned the signing of Bradley to my Cubs friends, but they tried to convince me his production would be worth his antics. I disagreed, but hoped I'd be wrong. Unfortunately I wasn't.

Congrats on your team having a great year. The 2009 Baseball Season officially died last night on both sides of my town.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Thank you gracecollector. What Bradley has never seemed to be able to grasp, or find a way to fix, is the problem he has always had with making things WORSE instead of taking the proper steps to correct them. The fans are obviously on his case, so the WORST possible thing to do is complain about it. That is only going to make it worse. Something he doesn`t seem to realize. Not bashing the Cubs or their fans at all in this instance, just a player I have never liked, who has made horrible decisions, who just so happens to play for the North Siders. If he played on the Cardinals I would do the same thing. I did it with Jeff Weaver, Jason Isringhausen and Juan Encarnacion. Hell, I even wrote Weaver a letter telling him how much I hated him.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
We boo everyone who plays like crap, not just mr board game himself!
Get over it or get out of Chicago! With the way they played this year we deserve to boo anyone who walks out on the field in a Cubs jersey!

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
goldenegg1 said:
We boo everyone who plays like crap, not just mr board game himself!
Get over it or get out of Chicago! With the way they played this year we deserve to boo anyone who walks out on the field in a Cubs jersey!
There is only 1 person who needs to be booed, and he doesn't wear a jersey.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Ok
I'll pipe in on this one too. Here goes.
When Jim Hendry thought it wise to dump about 45% of the team from last year, I know this would have
a disastrous effect on the team. Now granted some of the players let go are doing no better or even worse then they did last season but I really seen no need to make some of those changes.

The signing of Milton Bradley was doomed form the start since he took Sammy Sosa old number, and we know how the end of the Sosa era ended up. Jim Hendry also has paraded like 4 players on this years team that are no longer with the team., and the replacements are also gone. Seems the team was trying to find the diamonds in the rough only to come up empty handed.
Ryan Freel came and gone Joey Gathright traded and his replacement is gone as well Chad Gudain traded and the list goes on.

I watched some of the game last night and I saw what was their problem all season. They have no chemistry what so ever.
This team can't hit and in some case the pitching can't even pitch. Larry Rothschild needs to go, he has been with the team for 7 seasons now and seems to be the only hold over ever. Why he has not made any Cy young winners and his pitching staff is not lights out this season as they have been in some of the past seasons. The Chicago Cubs fired hitting coach Gerald Perry after 2 seasons on in an attempt to spark a sputtering offense that ranks among the National League's worst. Hey Lou and Jim hows that move working for you :lol:

Well it is wait until next year, I wish the new owners remove Jim Hendry, Fire Larry Rothschild, keep Lou for the remainder of his contract, release Bradley, find someone to take dogging it Sorinio even iff you have to eat most of the contract, with Bradley I know you will. Don't resign Aramis Ramierz when he is done, because he is DONE. Maybe even let D Lee walk too.
I know that may be tough to think, but hey if your cleaning house I say just get a dumpster and fill it up and away they go
never to be seen again, and soon you will forget they where even there.

Huff Huff man I out of breath just typing this. Ok my cents are over now

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
Aye, aye, aye..........Long day, and I haven't even had students yet. I get to enjoy them tomorrow, so I have no excuse for totally dropping the ball on this one. DOH! ::facepalm:: :oops: :oops: ::facepalm::

Pine Tar said:
rob167 said:
My guess is that he is referring to Ed Lynch, the general manager who signed Bradley.........
Ed Lynch what ::facepalm::
Ed lynch has not been the GM since 2000 ::facepalm::

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Bradley just lined out to get the last out of the game and the crowd gave it to him again...................Cardinals and Cubs both lose today. Terrible loss for the Cardinals. Really wanted Carpenter to get his 15th win. But at least the Cubs lost, so that makes it a little better for me.

Members online