Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who Is Your Minor League Player of the Year?

Milb P.O.Y.?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I can only pick 9 names, so if you choose "other" I hope you'll tell us who you picked.

(I made this a 30-day poll, as the season isn't quite over yet.)

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Throw me in the group who thinks Montero still has an outside chance at getting the award. Up to this point, Heyward has only appeared in 1 more game than Montero. 3 weeks ago, Heyward was the clear winner, however now that we have a larger sample size of what he has done in AA, his numbers are falling back down to humane levels. I think it is a toss up between Montero, Carter, and Heyward. I'm leaning with Carter for now, but it's really up to what Heyward can do in these last few weeks.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Jaypers said:
Brett Keith said:
I'll stick with Brian Matusz for now.

You don't think his early callup will hurt his chances to win?

Oh no, I definitely think it hurts his chances, but I don't think as of now there is a runaway candidate. Heyward is coming back to earth and his Carolina League numbers weren't MiLPOY-like. Montero got hurt. Up until Montero's injury and Matusz's callup, I thought those were the three top candidates. If Heyward can finish strong, he'll likely get it. Chris Carter or Christian Friedrich could make a run at it with strong finishes if Heyward sorta sputters across the finish line. Right now though, I'll stick with Matusz, because he flat dominated across two levels in his pro debut, got better when he moved upto AA, and has the prospect pedigree that indicates it's no fluke.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
It would have been Montero had he not gotten hurt (considering he continued with the production that he's had all season long), but I think that now with him out of the picture BA has hyped/pumped up Heyward far too much not to give it to him. Ultimately J.Heyward will without a doubt take this award (barring any unforseen injury or complete production drought); whether he ends up deserving it or not! :D

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
It's gotta be Chris Carter. Freaking beast. 3-5 4RBI's in his AAA debut last night. .340 24HR 105RBI and has lowered his K rate considerably this year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts