Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone think Brock could be the 1st to finish Big Nog?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

Last night I watched the Nogeria/Herring and Nogeria/Big Tim fights, and I still can't see how this guy hasn't been finished in the octagon.

Herring should have had him finihsed on a few occasions it seemed like, but what in the Hell was he doing? He was affraid to get anywhere near Nog on the ground. He kept letting him up. Terrible fight by Herring, he just gave Nog the decision in a way.

And during the Sylvia fight, he takes a lot of punishment standing and I think that someone with the punching power of Brock, who won't be affraid to bull rush him after staggering him, just might be able to be the first person to finish Big Nog in an MMA fight.

You guys may think that I am just a crazy nuthugger, but just go watch those fights and you tell me that if Brock were to connect on Nog with one of those Herring punches that he doesn't have a chance of finishing him. He won't let up and let Nog regain his wits like Herring and Big Tim did. He would continue the punishment. Now I'm not saying while doing that he couldn't be caught in a submission though and be made to tap. But I think that if there is anyone out there who was able to finish Big Nog at this stage in his career Lesnar has the power and ability to do it. And Brock will only be better by the time this fight rolls around, probaby around UFC 100.

But then again if Fedor, who would kill Brock, couldn't finish Nog a few times, maybe Brock couldn't?

You guys think it's possible?

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Only way I see Brock doing it is by using his insane strength to knock his ass unconscious or slam him through the octagon mat.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Sam, if you want to get a better understanding of what Nog is about, try and get your hands on some of his Pride fights as well. The guy is the closest thing to a real life "Rocky" we are ever going to see. He gets PUMMELLED almost everytime he steps in the ring. Watch his fights VS Mirko Crocop and Bob Sapp. Yet he still pulls out the win. Hell, Fedor beat the crap out of him and he didnt get finished.

The only way Brock finishes Nog is if the refs see him take a big shot and stop it early. Nog will most likely not get KOed and there is no chance in hell Brock is going to sub him. He has a chance of taking it to a decision, but I question his sub defense in the later rounds as carrying around that much muscle is going to have him breathing hard in the fourth and fifth. A title match against one of the best jiujitsu fighters in the world will be his biggest test, no question. Brock also better learn a LOT of jiujitsu defense real quick because those big arms or legs will be a big target (again, see the Sapp fight).

We'll see. It will be an interesting match. I would have Nog via sub in the later rounds.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
In the world of MMA, I have learned its best never to rule out anything. I like both fighters a lot though. Nog looks as down to earth on TUF as anyone I have ever seen. Granted that is limited footage, and I hate to make judgments on anyone, but he seems like a genuinly good person.

G

I got what you're saying Ty.

I've watched the Fedor fights.

I think this guy is insane. I just don't see what's inside of this guy that keeps him going. He is truely remarkable.

I'm not saying that I think Brock will finish him, don't think that. I am just asking if you guys think it's possible.

I could see a scenario of Brock getting in a good shot and then doing some quick serious GNP and the ref stopping it, but Nog not really being that hurt.

WIll/Would be a very interesting fight to see.

I don't think we will see Brock fight any cans his entire MMA career. Because after Nog/Mir, he'll have the loser of that fight to contend with, as well as others. And I don't think the UFC would want to waste Brock fighting on a card where he's fighting a nobody. There's no money in that. Dude's got a tough challenge ahead of him these next few years in my opinion. I think we'll see formidable HW contenders from around the world to fight him eventually. Maybe Big Tim down the line, and eventually Fedor. They are going to milk this Brock Money Train as much as they can while they can is my thinking.

yankeefan812

Aug 12, 2008
Dville Ghetto
The key difference is that both Herring and Sylvia let NOG back up after they knocked him down, Lesnar wouldn't do that. He'd bulrush NOG and take him to the ground and use some of those hammerfists to try to end it early. However, Lesnar needs to learn a lot of jujitsu defense as well. By fight time, I'd put Lesnar ahead of NOG for the win.

G

yankeefan812 said:
The key difference is that both Herring and Sylvia let NOG back up after they knocked him down, Lesnar wouldn't do that. He'd bulrush NOG and take him to the ground and use some of those hammerfists to try to end it early. However, Lesnar needs to learn a lot of jujitsu defense as well. By fight time, I'd put Lesnar ahead of NOG for the win.

That's what I am saying.

Whoever Lesnar's been training with are saying that he's almost impossible to be subbed now in training. I am sure that's an overstatement, but it gives you a good idea as to how he is coming along in his BJJ.

My whole point was that Brock won't let up Nog like Herring and Tim did. He's shoot right in. Now, there's a great possibility that he gets subbed when he does shoot, but there's also a great shot at finishing Nog too.

I'd like to see this fight, whoever wins the Mir/Nog, be the main event at UFC 100.

Members online

Latest posts