Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

***Need help from my fellow fantasy gurus***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
I have a very good friend who is doing her (yep HER, so I really need everyone's help on this :lol: ) fantasy football live draft tomorrow. This isn't a yahoo league or any other internet league for that matter. Well, at least the draft isn't. She wants my help so of course I will do just that. I thought I'd make this fun and turn it into an unofficial FCB community team and do our best for this chic.

Anyway, here is the kicker. This is a 20 man league... ::facepalm:: I have played ALOT of FF as I'm sure the majority of you all have, but I have NEVER played with this many damn people..

She is pick number #13.

It is a snake style draft.

No, as of this time I do not know the point system. For now let us just assume it is similar to a typical yahoo scoring system since we are all familiar with that.

So other than all other advice you would like to contribute (think of this as your team, because it is) I have a few brainstorming questions-

Ideal draft order by position? Usually (normally) you try and go RB, RB, etc. This being a 20 man league, how does this change things? Should it change things?

Vincesanity

Feb 14, 2009
Temple TX
First thats the dumbest thing Ive ever heard, I played a 14 team last year and wasn't happy

If its QB RB RB WR WR WR - I would go WR, WR in the first 2 rounds

If its QB RB RB WR WR - I would go WR, RB

If Its QB RB RB WR WR RB/WR - I would go WR, RB

I highly doubt a top 6 RB falls to 13 but if it did of course take that.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
Vincesanity said:
First thats the dumbest thing Ive ever heard, I played a 14 team last year and wasn't happy

I feel ya man. ******* retarded if you ask me, and believe me I already laughed at her and said it was pointless. It's a work league though. $25 ante. Pick 13 SUCKS, but it could have been worse. She is going to have to be a waiver wire **** to even have a chance.

I did some quick from the hip estimating and she should be able to at least land Chris Johnson in the first round. Something to keep in mind here, it is a "work league". They might have a few knowledgable NFL guys but lets be realistic, you know there are going to be some insane draft picks from the get go. She will hopefully be able to capitolize off of others mistakes in front of her.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
She should definately get a RB in the first. By the second round there will be crap left. I would go WR in the second. Imagine being in that league and having the 20th pick? ::facepalm::

Vincesanity

Feb 14, 2009
Temple TX
Snyper said:
Vincesanity said:

I feel ya man. fracking retarded if you ask me, and believe me I already laughed at her and said it was pointless. It's a work league though. $25 ante. Pick 13 SUCKS, but it could have been worse. She is going to have to be a waiver wire **** to even have a chance.

I did some quick from the hip estimating and she should be able to at least land Chris Johnson in the first round. Something to keep in mind here, it is a "work league". They might have a few knowledgable NFL guys but lets be realistic, you know there are going to be some insane draft picks from the get go. She will hopefully be able to capitolize off of others mistakes in front of her.

RB's are deep(show her who the rookies are, they will get time) TE's are deep, WR just isn't very deep, I would take Moss, Fitz, A. Johnson, Greg Jennings if available before Chris Johnson. She needs to have a complete 32 team depth chart handy to try and find late steals.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
deceptikon1978 said:
She should definately get a RB in the first. By the second round there will be crap left. I would go WR in the second. Imagine being in that league and having the 20th pick? ::facepalm::

Brother I know it.. ::facepalm:: The key to victory in this league is definately going to be through the waiver wire.

I ripped a yahoo FF draft cheat sheet that will allow her to keep track. Just trying to keep it as simple as possible for her as I don't want to overload the process.

Members online

Latest posts