Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

some fun unreal 1940's racism nonsense to share

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
this is the actual disclaimer on the back of a ticket to the 1949 sugar bowl, thought some of the younger members would find it interesting, as even i did at 45 years old.

T11.jpg

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
oh, deff not funny, just a fun old vintage piece is what i meant.
the back is sad and hard to believe what we once were as a country

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
boomo said:
this is the actual disclaimer on the back of a ticket to the 1949 sugar bowl, thought some of the younger members would find it interesting, as even i did at 45 years old.
Wow, what is even more disturbing is that you are 45. I never would have guessed it by some of your posts.

j/k

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
boomo said:

Where we once were? A lot of racial issues still exist, it'll never go away.

Frow

LaneyB said:
boomo said:

Where we once were? A lot of racial issues still exist, it'll never go away.

Men and women have lived together for thousands of years and I still don't know why my wife needs to many shoes, there's really know hope for race.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
Rickzcards said:
boomo said:
Wow, what is even more disturbing is that you are 45. I never would have guessed it by some of your posts.

j/k

:lol: :lol:

thanks for the laugh !!

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
BunchOBull said:
That card always kills me. 1963...and from FCB nonetheless!

I can assure you that the internet didn't exist back then and none of the staff was even alive.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
A professor in college collected things like this, photos of examples of Jim Crow, etc. It always struck me as amazing that all that stuff disappeared in a relatively quick span. I was born in 1970, and I never saw a single thing like that with my own eyes. But I lived in the north till 1992 anyway, so I guess it isn't that big a surprise.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Philip J. Fry said:
MartinFFcollector said:
Wow.

Here's a similar card..

watermelon.jpg

Wow. I don't know what's worse, the ticket in the OP or the fact that this has blacks eating watermelon.

Honestly...I laughed when I saw that.That is such a ******* sterotype .Most of the black people I know don't even like watermelon.I have never understood that one.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
predatorkj said:
Philip J. Fry said:
MartinFFcollector said:
Wow.

Here's a similar card..

watermelon.jpg

Wow. I don't know what's worse, the ticket in the OP or the fact that this has blacks eating watermelon.

Honestly...I laughed when I saw that.That is such a ******* sterotype .Most of the black people I know don't even like watermelon.I have never understood that one.

I've never asked anyone besides my oldest son if he likes watermelon.

I think most stereotypes are funny. The Irish like to drink and fight. The Russians are a bunch of vodka swilling commies. The British have bad teeth. Americans are stupid and care little of the rest of the world. White people can't dance. Black guys have huge dongs. Asian's all eat cat. Spanish speaking people will understand English as long as you speak really slowly and louder than a 747. Sportscard collectors are all scumbags that are more or less thieves. They couldn't get laid in a **********. Jews are cheap. Muslim people all want to blow up your world. Christians judge everyone to damnation and believe in a man who said he was God. Catholics are all drunks. Priests are all pedophiles. "Foreigners" all want to live off of "us". Male nurses are all gay. Gay people are pedophiles. Gay people want to infect everyone with their gayness. Women are bad drivers and like to shop for shoes and purses. To speak an Asian language all you have to use is words link ching and chang, tong and ting.

Really, if people believe stuff this stupid, I just don't know what to think.

I come from a family that is a vast majority Irish, I like to drink. True
I have a distant grandparent that was black, I'm packing "heat". True
It's far too late for me to try to be any funnier than I'm trying to be. Racism is as ridiculous as the thought of a woman president.(~)

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
bouwob said:
BunchOBull said:
That card always kills me. 1963...and from FCB nonetheless!

I can assure you that the internet didn't exist back then and none of the staff was even alive.

I am sure the people who watch Lost would disagree with your reasoning. ;)

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
justinmandawg said:
predatorkj said:
Philip J. Fry said:
MartinFFcollector said:
Wow.

Here's a similar card..

watermelon.jpg

I think most stereotypes are funny. The Irish like to drink and fight. The Russians are a bunch of vodka swilling commies. The British have bad teeth. Americans are stupid and care little of the rest of the world. White people can't dance. Black guys have huge dongs. Asian's all eat cat. Spanish speaking people will understand English as long as you speak really slowly and louder than a 747. Sportscard collectors are all scumbags that are more or less thieves. They couldn't get laid in a **********. Jews are cheap. Muslim people all want to blow up your world. Christians judge everyone to damnation and believe in a man who said he was God. Catholics are all drunks. Priests are all pedophiles. "Foreigners" all want to live off of "us". Male nurses are all gay. Gay people are pedophiles. Gay people want to infect everyone with their gayness. Women are bad drivers and like to shop for shoes and purses. To speak an Asian language all you have to use is words link ching and chang, tong and ting.

It's far too late for me to try to be any funnier than I'm trying to be. Racism is as ridiculous as the thought of a woman president.(~)

You were trying to be funny?

Just kidding, I understand what you were getting at ;)

Growing up in Texas you see/hear people reference to MANY of these stereotypes of ALL people.

Worse yet is the fact that it is so prevalent in the Army.

Quite sad actually.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
Another member pointed out that the image of the blacks eating watermelon also depicted them as monkeys. That's what, 2 strikes in that image already?

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
Anthony K. said:
justinmandawg said:
predatorkj said:
[quote="Philip J. Fry":2cudgdm9]
MartinFFcollector said:
Wow.

Here's a similar card..

watermelon.jpg

You were trying to be funny?

Just kidding, I understand what you were getting at ;)

Growing up in Texas you see/hear people reference to MANY of these stereotypes of ALL people.

Worse yet is the fact that it is so prevalent in the Army.

Quite sad actually.[/quote:2cudgdm9]

No kidding, it's insane.

Members online

Latest posts