Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Duck Is Running Amok!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
You're looking at almost 200 singles, all from one guy (a fellow board member). He was so dedicated to his craft that security eventually tossed him out of the stadium (probably out of jealousy :lol:) - or else he'd have more.

This is in addition to the 100 I bought from another guy a few days ago.

So, who's more deranged -- him, or me? ;)

AFLAC_2.jpg

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
Re: The Duck Is Running Amuck!

frankly, i am glad security did something...or at least tried to, this year. standing at the top of the stairs stalking people is just ridiculous. i was approached instantly when entering. i understand trying to make a quick flip but it just seems seedy to me :? btw, this is not directed at you JP...nice looking lot

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.

Jaypers said:
You're looking at almost 200 singles, all from one guy (a fellow board member). He was so dedicated to his craft that security eventually tossed him out of the stadium (probably out of jealousy :lol:) - or else he'd have more.

AFLAC_2.jpg

Kind of sickens me

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN

Erich said:
Jaypers said:

AFLAC_2.jpg

Kind of sickens me

..have you looked at your avatar lately? :lol: :lol: ;)

Nice pickups, but that many? Sheesh, I don't know what I'd do with all of those pictures of high schoolers.

Anthony

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008

Very nice. You know I love big lots. How many do you expect to head to the grading block?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

AKA Coastal said:
Very nice. You know I love big lots. How many do you expect to head to the grading block?

I'll have that figured out this weekend.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008

I just dont get it with these cards.

I could only imagine what it was like to watch all those scumbags going after those cards.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008

jcmint said:

I could only imagine what it was like to watch all those scumbags going after those cards.
...like Cardboardbeauties going after EBay steals.

Nice pickups! You don't fear they will come down a lot in price once/if they are made auto'd (probably in 2010 Draft).
Edit- Also, why are some years bowman, and why are some years not? And, why did they only have parallels in 04/05?
Like:
04-Bowman w/parallels
05-Bowman w/parallels
06-Topps no parallels
07-Topps no parallels
08-Topps no parallels
09-Bowman no parallels

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston

trademhigh said:
jcmint said:

Nice pickups! You don't fear they will come down a lot in price once/if they are made auto'd (probably in 2010 Draft).
Edit- Also, why are some years bowman, and why are some years not? And, why did they only have parallels in 04/05?
Like:
04-Bowman w/parallels
05-Bowman w/parallels
06-Topps no parallels
07-Bowman no parallels
08-Bowman no parallels
09-Bowman no parallels

You're mistaking the Aflac redemption cards that were inserted into packs of 04 and 05 Bowman Draft with the ones that are handed out at the game. The reason for the change in 2007 from Topps to Bowman was because of the rookie card rules.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008

JVC said:
trademhigh said:
jcmint said:

Like:
04-Bowman w/parallels
05-Bowman w/parallels
06-Topps no parallels
07-Bowman no parallels
08-Bowman no parallels
09-Bowman no parallels

You're mistaking the Aflac redemption cards that were inserted into packs of 04 and 05 Bowman Draft with the ones that are handed out at the game. The reason for the change in 2007 from Topps to Bowman was because of the rookie card rules.
Oh ok, thanks for the response. Didn't notice that at on the 07/08s, as I have only purchased Aflac cards from 04-06.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008

Jeff N. said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
[quote="Jeff N.":2ghmjym3]something wrong with all of those pix of high school boys

Why is that?

Children shouldn't be on baseball cards collected by adults.[/quote:2ghmjym3]

Yet the players get just as excited over them as adults. Evan Danieli had an AFLAC in 06 and still three years later was all proud of it, and showing it off to team mates when I had him sign a few this year. I believe the exact quote was "What you know about having a card when you were 16?"

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

beefycheddar said:
Jeff N. said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
[quote="Jeff N.":3mqqrv3o]something wrong with all of those pix of high school boys

Why is that?

Children shouldn't be on baseball cards collected by adults.

Yet the players get just as excited over them as adults. Evan Danieli had an AFLAC in 06 and still three years later was all proud of it, and showing it off to team mates when I had him sign a few this year. I believe the exact quote was "What you know about having a card when you were 16?"[/quote:3mqqrv3o]

Don't feed him, Rob. Not everyone has perverted thoughts like he does.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field

beefycheddar said:
Jeff N. said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
[quote="Jeff N.":275bg1kb]something wrong with all of those pix of high school boys

Why is that?

Children shouldn't be on baseball cards collected by adults.

Yet the players get just as excited over them as adults. Evan Danieli had an AFLAC in 06 and still three years later was all proud of it, and showing it off to team mates when I had him sign a few this year. I believe the exact quote was "What you know about having a card when you were 16?"[/quote:275bg1kb]

The kids should be excited by it. I would have been beyond stoked if I had a card in high school. It bothers me that the adults collect them. I'm not saying adults are wrong or right for collecting them, I'm just saying that it gives me, personally, the oogies.