Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Autograph fading question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Do pen autos on paper (like a cut) fade as quickly on regular display as a shapie one would? I got a cut recently I want to display, but don't want to impact the quality of the autograph. I am thinking that buying those UV protect Ultra Pro one touches would be a great first step. Anything else or know about it fading?

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Just get it lamenated. :D .On a serious note as long as your are not displaying it in direct UV light you should fine.You don't want to have facing a window letting the sunlight in.
Mike

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
hofmichael said:
Just get it lamenated. :D .On a serious note as long as your are not displaying it in direct UV light you should fine.You don't want to have facing a window letting the sunlight in.
Mike

It would be parallel with a window in a bookshelf so idk. I think the UV protected holder should help though, right? Or would a BGS slab be better since I want the card protected.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I am not sure about paper but anything you leave in direct sunlight, generally, will fade.If the ink doesn't then the paper will turn a yellowish hue anyways so it will look like crap reguardless.One thing of note...I have noticed that things, when put in a UV case even, can still fade.But that all goes back to what the item was signed on and what it was signed with.I see countless folks getting IP autos on stuff that will never hold and I always make a point to tell them but they never seem deterred.Neither do I though.To me...its worth getting into somebody's business if I feel it will help them.I would rather them feel like I was bothering them and they actually get a worthwhile auto than them go home and slowly watch it fade away.

Members online

Latest posts