Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

EBAY: When To Run Auctions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vincesanity

Feb 14, 2009
Temple TX
Me and Ryo have been discussing this as of late, what is everyones opinions on the best day to start an auction and how many days do you run.

3 days, 5 days, 7 days

Sun-Sun...Tues-Tues....Thur-Tues.....Sat-Thurs.....Tues-Thur

What works best for you

Is their any statistical evidence via ebay????

lumm0x

May 23, 2009
I've always had the most success with Sunday-Sunday auctions, but I haven't sold a card on eBay in a few years so it may not be the same.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
I think overall Sunday night is the best time to end. Usually though I put stuff up whenever I have time and make sure it ends in the evening and doesn't end on a Saturday.

Ryo1549

Aug 17, 2008
Round Rock, TX
I think Sunday is one of the worst days.Not only do other people list crap on that day (at least 4 other people lol) but people may be doing things with family, watching football etc.

Tuesday what I aim for. Nothing goes on, on Tuesday. People are more prone to sit around a computer than to be doing other activities.

Monday has Monday night football and usually a stressful day at work
Tuesday..NADA
Wednesday Church and always some crazy college **** down down.
Thursday is also good imo.
Friday High school football, and well its friggin friday.
Saturday no one is every around.

Willywanker

Feb 18, 2009
Outside of Motown
Ryo1549 said:
I think Sunday is one of the worst days.Not only do other people list crap on that day (at least 4 other people lol) but people may be doing things with family, watching football etc.

Tuesday what I aim for. Nothing goes on, on Tuesday. People are more prone to sit around a computer than to be doing other activities.

Monday has Monday night football and usually a stressful day at work
Tuesday..NADA
Wednesday Church and always some crazy college shat down down.
Thursday is also good imo.
Friday High school football, and well its friggin friday.
Saturday no one is every around.

this is true, but I also think that on Sunday night all the clowns on are there buying the last minute stuff because some player scored 3 TDs in a game. And by MON or TUE they realize that the infalted prices they paid were just plain stupid. :D

sffanmike25

Aug 21, 2008
Dallas, TX
Ryo1549 said:

Tuesdays for me as well. Strategy/Reason sounds a bit familiar too. :)

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
If it's a quality card and something I expect to get a decent price and a lot of views on I'll actually do 10 day. Thursday night - Sunday night.
That way you end up getting 2 weekends of time with it up.

In all honesty though from my past auctions I'm not sure it made a huge difference when it ends(esp. with more people using snipe programs), As long as it's not ending during a holiday, or ending Friday/Saturday night or something like that you should be okay. I've also had luck on Tuesday-Thursday nights, but just usually go with the Sunday night like I said, if it's during the season - I've made some extra money when players had big games.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts