Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does anyone know how many game used Cards.....?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009
Does anybody know about how many game used cards would fill an entire row in a 3 row box??? If anyone knows, please let me know. thanks!
avery

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
GU cards tend to vary pretty widely in their thickness, a variation which can add up when talking a bout enough to fill a box

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009
Mighty Bombjack said:
GU cards tend to vary pretty widely in their thickness, a variation which can add up when talking a bout enough to fill a box
i'm just asking for an average, a row filled with not too thick of a game used card, just an average 1

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Between 165 and 175 using 100pt top loaders. Cut that in half if using screwdowns or one touch. I dont know how I know that I just do ::facepalm:: .

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009
mlbsalltimegreats said:
Between 165 and 175 using 100pt top loaders. Cut that in half if using screwdowns or one touch. I dont know how I know that I just do ::facepalm:: .
haha, alright,.. thanks alot!

stlalways94

Aug 7, 2008
thegreathambino said:
Mighty Bombjack said:
i'm just asking for an average, a row filled with not too thick of a game used card, just an average 1

Well, the average GU card is roughly 1/8" thick. One row in a 5,000 count box in approximately 17.5 inches.

17.5 x 8 = 140

So you are looking at about 140 GU cards/row or 700/box. This of course depends on how many patches or A&G GU you have, because they are slightly thicker or thinner, and also if you are using one touches or screw-downs as mlballtimegreats said. I hope this helps, someone please correct me if my logic is wrong.

-John

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
This is probably my #1 pet peeve in collecting these days. GU are all over the place in thickness. It makes it a pain to find correct storage and holders. It basically the same issue as the oversized cards of the past that were tall, and didn't fit in anything standard size. I wish companies would just go to maybe three or four standard pt. sizes.

Members online