Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Holy Rajon Rondo, Batman!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Can we finally put Rondo in the conversation with the best young point guards in the league. I'm a total homer and I've loved the way he plays since he was a rookie so I'm biased, but other than Chris Paul I'm not sure I'd want anyone running point for my team more than Rondo.

Wehttam6

Aug 7, 2008
912-GA
He had a nice game.
I think there is a certain board member who can,and probably will, make a case for Devin Harris as to being one of the top PGs in the game.

Kutzy

Sep 2, 2008
Chris Paul, Steve Nash, Deron Williams. This is the top tier IMO.
Of course these are the most well rounded true point guards so I am biased in that category. I still think John Stockton is the best PG ever and ahead of Magic.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Great game by Rondo tonight. Can't complain about a triple double. Its hard to put up those kind of numbers with all the studs he plays with.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Kutzy said:
Chris Paul, Steve Nash, Deron Williams. This is the top tier IMO.
Of course these are the most well rounded true point guards so I am biased in that category. I still think John Stockton is the best PG ever and ahead of Magic.

I agree on Stockton. I took Nash out of my top tier because I was just thinking young point guards, but overall in the league he is still up there.

Kutzy

Sep 2, 2008
Rondo has shown himself to be a solid guard but its difficult to get a great assessment of him because he is only the 4th option at best on that team. He runs the offense well and I think its difficult to say he a top tier PG based solely on the fact we dont know how he would perform without 3 superstars around him.

almost a triple 15 though is just filthy.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Kutzy said:
Rondo has shown himself to be a solid guard but its difficult to get a great assessment of him because he is only the 4th option at best on that team. He runs the offense well and I think its difficult to say he a top tier PG based solely on the fact we dont know how he would perform without 3 superstars around him.

How does being the 4th option on a team hurt a point guard? The job of a point guard is to distribute the ball and get easy shots for everyone else. The fact that he has upped his scoring a little, but does it efficiently (16 points on 5 for 10 shooting) is exactly what he needed to do. He's keeping three stars happy, contributing his own scoring efficiently, is a very good rebounding point guard, and play phenomenal defense.

Kutzy

Sep 2, 2008
Tomlinson21RB said:
Kutzy said:

How does being the 4th option on a team hurt a point guard? The job of a point guard is to distribute the ball and get easy shots for everyone else. The fact that he has upped his scoring a little, but does it efficiently (16 points on 5 for 10 shooting) is exactly what he needed to do. He's keeping three stars happy, contributing his own scoring efficiently, is a very good rebounding point guard, and play phenomenal defense.

I never said it hurt him, its just hard to judge him.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Great game, but I would still take Deron Williams over Rondo. At this ponit it is not even close

Tomlinson21RB said:
Can we finally put Rondo in the conversation with the best young point guards in the league. I'm a total homer and I've loved the way he plays since he was a rookie so I'm biased, but other than Chris Paul I'm not sure I'd want anyone running point for my team more than Rondo.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
a PG with KG, Allen and Pierce.... 3 guys who get all the attention and a PG who can fly under the radar. Im sure he is good.... but Id think any PG could run that team.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
imac220 said:
He is AMAZING! It should now be "The Big 4"

It is. Pierce has said when Rondo is on the team is unstoppable. If you watch the games he is now part of the mix when they are sitting together talking on the bench.

imac220

Aug 14, 2008
Central PA
Tomlinson21RB said:
imac220 said:
He is AMAZING! It should now be "The Big 4"

It is. Pierce has said when Rondo is on the team is unstoppable. If you watch the games he is now part of the mix when they are sitting together talking on the bench.

Pierce is right. He is a dynamic Point Guard and very exciting to watch, just like KG, Pierce, and Allen

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts