Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Wait For Wade Davis Continues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd ... p&c_id=mlb

Screwed. Once. Again.

::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
If only the MLB franchise owners knew how much GM and scout talent and experience exists on the FCB, they'd replace their GMs and scouts in an instant with the guys here. FCB shouldn 't have had a booth at the national, it should be lobbying owners! Does Steinbrenner know of this place? :)

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers, from a investment standpoint it will be better if he's battling for a spot in the rotation in spring training next year. This is end of the season stuff really doesn't get a player to much love.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
AKA Coastal said:
Jaypers, from a investment standpoint it will be better if he's battling for a spot in the rotation in spring training next year. This is end of the season stuff really doesn't get a player to much love.

Actually this thread was started by a fan of his, not a prospector. I own all of 3 cards of his.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
AKA Coastal said:

Actually this thread was started by a fan of his, not a prospector. I own all of 3 cards of his.

Gotcha, I'm a fan of all my investment until I sell them all :p

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
uniquebaseballcards said:
If only the MLB franchise owners knew how much GM and scout talent and experience exists on the FCB, they'd replace their GMs and scouts in an instant with the guys here. FCB shouldn 't have had a booth at the national, it should be lobbying owners! Does Steinbrenner know of this place? :)

Have you watched Andy Sonnanstine pitch this year?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

If only the MLB franchise owners knew just how many sarcastic jerkoffs like you followed the game of baseball, they would hang their collective heads in shame.

One doesn't have to be an expert to root for a player's success. Everyone but you seems to be aware of that fact.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Yeah, not exactly great at all. Must be there for a reason though. The guy's still young.

cowboysrule48 said:

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
Yeah, not exactly great at all. Must be there for a reason though. The guy's still young.

cowboysrule48 said:

I'm just saying I personally would rather see someone like Davis, who the Red Sox have never seen pitch, than a guy that has served up BP all year.

If they wanted to bring Sonny up, I think they should have him start against Det on Monday, and push back the rest of the rotation.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I'm so happy you're here, you help make this board so enjoyable, but I didn't think you followed the MLB.

But seriously, it seems you would make for a great scout, we could all get your Bowman scout auto!

Jaypers said:

If only the MLB franchise owners knew just how many sarcastic jerkoffs like you followed the game of baseball, they would hang their collective heads in shame.

One doesn't have to be an expert to root for a player's success. Everyone but you seems to be aware of that fact.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I'm so happy you're here, you help make this board so enjoyable, but I didn't think you followed the MLB.

But seriously, it seems you would make for a great scout, we could all get your Bowman scout auto!

:::watching in mock amazement as my point flies like a bird over your head:::

I. Never. Claimed. To. Be. A. Scout.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Fellas, we have finally discovered the identity of the of the person responsible for the greatest mystery of the 21st century:
Bowman%2BScout.jpg
We now know who this man is!

P.S. You could also root for Sonny's success...

Jaypers said:

:::watching in mock amazement as my point flies like a bird over your head:::

I. Never. Claimed. To. Be. A. Scout.

Incline Investments

Aug 15, 2008
Cali
Jaypers said:
AKA Coastal said:

Not to nitpick, but isn't one of those cards extremely high end?

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Jaypers said:

C'mon JP, you're higher class than that.

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
Call it a hunch, but I have a feeling Davis will be getting a shot in the rotation in the next 2 weeks once Sonny gets lit up. He's typically done well against Boston, but believe me, it's only a matter of time until he is back to his old ways of throwing BP to the opposing hitters.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Incline Investments said:
Jaypers said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":9lrjjz1w]Jaypers, from a investment standpoint it will be better if he's battling for a spot in the rotation in spring training next year. This is end of the season stuff really doesn't get a player to much love.

Not to nitpick, but isn't one of those cards extremely high end?[/quote:9lrjjz1w]

Fans do buy high-end cards of prospects, don't they? Otherwise, prospectors would have a much harder time selling their wares.

And for the record, I've never been a fan of Sonny.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Jaypers said:
Jaypers said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":vqbna884]Jaypers, from a investment standpoint it will be better if he's battling for a spot in the rotation in spring training next year. This is end of the season stuff really doesn't get a player to much love.

Fans do buy high-end cards of prospects, don't they? Otherwise, prospectors would have a much harder time selling their wares.

And for the record, I've never been a fan of Sonny.[/quote:vqbna884]

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h202/BowmanChromeAddict/Andy Sonnanstine/

I was. Anybody want any Sonny? ::facepalm::

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
BowmanChromeAddict said:
Jaypers said:
Jaypers said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":2ofk1oeo]Jaypers, from a investment standpoint it will be better if he's battling for a spot in the rotation in spring training next year. This is end of the season stuff really doesn't get a player to much love.

And for the record, I've never been a fan of Sonny.

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h202/BowmanChromeAddict/Andy Sonnanstine/

I was. Anybody want any Sonny? ::facepalm::[/quote:2ofk1oeo]

wow thats alot of chrome 9.5s

Members online

Latest posts