Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone Notice Justin Upton Is Back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justwar

Aug 7, 2008
3 for 3 tonight (hr, 2 rbi's, 2 runs) and 8 for 15 since returning. With all the Longoria talk in another thread I just wanted to remind everyone that Upton is 2 years younger, has a higher BA and OPS, and less help around him in the line up. Am i pimping my guy? U betcha, but I ain't selling anything so it's ok :D

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
44.gif

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
Imagine what he would do on a better team with some help around him..He is truly an unbelievable talent.

JacobAlastra

Sep 14, 2008
Portland, Oregon
I watched him against the Giants... he kind of seems different to me. It looks like he changed his batting stance and lost some weight, but it could just be me lol. But he is so fun to watch, cant wait to see how his career turns out.

azbaseballfan

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
Thats my boy, i'm glad that Upton is back and healthy. He is alot of fun to watch!

Just checked out eBay...and I think it's about time for me to stock up on some more of his 06 BC Autos! They are dirt cheap right now.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
Upton, McCutchen, and Heyward(once he gets going) will be the starting outfield in the NL AS game for the next 10 years once anyone outside of Pittsburgh learns that McCutchen is one of the most exciting players in the game.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
pujolsjunkie said:
I misread the title and laughed.

Same here, glad I am not the only one.

Anyways, the injury trouble worries me a bit. Nothing major or course, but missing a few games here and there a lot when you're a young player can be a harbinger or things to come. I just want to see him play 150+ and put up some crazy numbers.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
I'm very happy to be checking Arizona's box score every morning again to see how he did.....and yes, I did notice that he's back :D

...by the way, I'm going after a few Upton inserts on ebay right now. If anyone else is as well, please send me a pm so we don't compete against each other. I'm sure we could divide them up or work something out.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Jays_Cards said:
Imagine what he would do on a better team with some help around him..He is truly an unbelievable talent.

.282 86 40 90 21

And he hit 6 of those homers in the 19 days in between Upton's last game before injury and first game back from injury.

I think he has SOME help in that lineup ;)

(And if people didn't realize it, yes, that is Mark Reynolds)

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Anthony K. said:
[quote="Jays_Cards":17bqkea5]Imagine what he would do on a better team with some help around him..He is truly an unbelievable talent.

.282 86 40 90 21

And he hit 6 of those homers in the 19 days in between Upton's last game before injury and first game back from injury.

(And if people didn't realize it, yes, that is Mark Reynolds)[/quote:17bqkea5]

Put Parra and Conor Jackson in front of him.

Put Reynolds and a revived Chris Young behind him.

Put Webb and Haren on the Mound.

They'll be players in the NL West next year.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Mudcatsfan said:
Anthony K. said:
[quote="Jays_Cards":28k1k959]Imagine what he would do on a better team with some help around him..He is truly an unbelievable talent.

.282 86 40 90 21

(And if people didn't realize it, yes, that is Mark Reynolds)

Put Parra and Conor Jackson in front of him.

Put Reynolds and a revived Chris Young behind him.

Put Webb and Haren on the Mound.

They'll be players in the NL West next year.[/quote:28k1k959]

Imagine if Stephen Drew steps it up to the player he SHOULD be.

That 1-7 would be ridiculous. Not to mention if Montero keeps up the power next year, they could have the most COMPLETE lineup from top to bottom.

Members online