Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

McGwire Auto--It's official. This is THEE worst fake I've

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
ever seen. FAKE WHEATIES BOX AUTO

I've collected MdGwire auto's for many years as a couple of other members here have as well, although not much in the past couple of years, and I have seen a lot of fakes over that time but this signed box is officially the worst fake I've ever seen. What's worse is that there are 2 people bidding on it. Although 1 has "0" feedback. And the rather lengthy description makes it even more pathetic.

I like this line from the seller:

"You may find several bats , balls , hats , photos all at a different range of prices but be sure you will not find many of these , this may actually be one of the only you will ever see." -----Uh Yea, I certainly hope so!

I mean seriously, what the Hell is that chicken scratch on the box?!?! :twisted:

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
Oh..my..goodness. I cannot believe anyone would be so stupid as to put something like this up for auction. ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Anthony

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
aminors said:
Oh..my..goodness. I cannot believe anyone would be so stupid as to put something like this up for auction. ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Anthony
It has bidders!! ::facepalm::

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
This auto is so bad I sent the seller the following message:

"With all due respect I've collected McGwire autographed items for several years now. And I have to say that this Wheaties "auto" of McGwire has to be THEE WORST FAKE AUTO of Mark that I have EVER SEEN. You should serioualy end this auction before someone who's not that familar with His auto's actually wins this.
This is simply a respectful attempt to see that no one ends up being had."

We'll see what happens...

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
IndyMann said:
aminors said:

Anthony

No no, it has morons.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
LaneyB said:
IndyMann said:
aminors said:

Anthony

No no, it has morons.

You are exactly right. People can say "Oh, these people are simply uneducated, it's not their fault." but in my opinion these people deserve it in this case. If they win this "auto", they're paying for their own ignorance and thus deserve to lose every penny they bid. Although that doesn't make the seller any less of a fracking tool for selling it.

Anthony

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I just reported it, if a few more do also it will be pushed through faster and removed.