Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WOW, I am impressed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
bigalexx said:
Jays_Cards said:
That is really, really sweet, but that price is laughable.
Read the description ::facepalm::

He's not trying to sell, hes using the auction to try and find the ones he is missing.

Ahh, obviously I only looked at the picture and the price, but that is definitely an innovative idea.

mazarazz

Aug 7, 2008
Has anyone here ever compiled at set like this or one of similar nature and actually sold it for a profit? ie. blue/gold refs or other similarly scarce or popular parallels

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Jays_Cards said:

Laughable to a degree.Even the no names out of that set can run you a little cash.Bigger name players will kill you in price and the thought of there being 350 of them and all numbered to 25 ...lets just say I would think it would have cost a whole lot just to put together.Look at it this way...I was doing the Turkey Red red parallel set for 2006 because I loved the look of the cards.Even though cards only cost anywhere from $0.50 -$9.00 a piece...the set cost me several times what its worth and it books high BV at $500.I probably spent closer to $1400 making the set after you factor in shipping.If I were to sell it I would have to at least get 3 times what it books for just to get my money back.That is something not a lot of people want to pay so my ability to sell it and make any money, let alone keep from losing any, is very limited.Unfortunately a lot of people just don't appreciate how hard or how much these things are to put together.The Bazooka backs would dwarf, by far, what I had to spend.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Price seems low to me.

Set collectors always expect a loss. Plus even BV of individual cards = less than the sum of their parts.

Jays_Cards said:

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
That partial set is insane! What really amazes me is the speed at which the collector put the 334/350 together. That is just under 1 card per day (.91) for a year!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
uniquebaseballcards said:
Price seems low to me.

Set collectors always expect a loss. Plus even BV of individual cards = less than the sum of their parts.

Jays_Cards said:

Not sure I follow that last part about individual cards being less than the sum of their parts.I thought individual cards sold for more isolated than they do as a set?They seem to always follow that rule anyways.

As far as taking a loss...its why I refuse to pay big bucks for singles for a set I am making.Unless its numbered like triple threads, I want to pay an average of 10 cents a pop and no more simply due to the fact that its uneconomical to pay more. Its also why I don't want to ever sell any of my sets.Its a useless thing to do unless you just want to get rid of them.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Duh, sorry. Meant to say that selling off individual cards will net more profit than selling the entire set at once. The BV of the set is less than all the individual cards added up.

predatorkj said:
uniquebaseballcards said:
Price seems low to me.

Jays_Cards said:

Not sure I follow that last part about individual cards being less than the sum of their parts.I thought individual cards sold for more isolated than they do as a set?They seem to always follow that rule anyways.

As far as taking a loss...its why I refuse to pay big bucks for singles for a set I am making.Unless its numbered like triple threads, I want to pay an average of 10 cents a pop and no more simply due to the fact that its uneconomical to pay more. Its also why I don't want to ever sell any of my sets.Its a useless thing to do unless you just want to get rid of them.

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
mazarazz said:
Has anyone here ever compiled at set like this or one of similar nature and actually sold it for a profit? ie. blue/gold refs or other similarly scarce or popular parallels

Not to call a member out, but I'm pretty sure someone here put together the 2005 Bowman Chrome Draft complete set within the first year and sold it for a profit.

And that Bazooka set is impressive.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
Jeff D said:
mazarazz said:

Not to call a member out, but I'm pretty sure someone here put together the 2005 Bowman Chrome Draft complete set within the first year and sold it for a profit.

I know someone built a blue refractor draft set and I believe JP bought it from him.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
flightposite said:
Jeff D said:
mazarazz said:

I know someone built a blue refractor draft set and I believe JP bought it from him.

i believe that was the Johan Santana collector who built the blue set.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Im completely hooked on the A&G minis. Not the rare ones, just the regulars & A&G backs, the easy ones. Anyone else love these things?

Im lookin for an 06 set, got the 07, need one card for 08, & am about 75 from the new set. I think they're awesome.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I have a fairly large A&G mini collection...80% or better on the regular and A&G back mini sets for all but '06, which I'm only collecting the regular minis and I'm sitting at around 40%.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
A set like A&G Bazookas are like Bowman Chrome parallels, valued higher than other sets of similar size, occasionally shockingly so, as the strongest desires of player and set collectors converge. With a set as large as A&G, people realize that they have to get them early or else wait potentially years for them. And being so short it's naturally rare for complete sets, or nearly so, to come available. The one or two people who build them tend to keep them.

I've wondered about the 2008 Silks. I really wanted to go after the set, until I saw they were limited to 10. I had planned to at least track prices and trainspot them, but that fizzled pretty quickly. It would be interesting to do that, I think.

Members online

Latest posts