Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tedy Bruschi to Retire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
Glad to see Bellicheat let him go out with honor. Normally happens when guys learn they are getting cut

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
wheeler281 said:
Glad to see Bellicheat let him go out with honor. Normally happens when guys learn they are getting cut

I dont buy that for one second. For those who actually heard the whole ordeal via the radio, Bill was very notiably choked up and at times it sounded as if he was in tears.

bigpops65

Feb 9, 2009
Providence, RI
Rudzud said:
wheeler281 said:

I dont buy that for one second. For those who actually heard the whole ordeal via the radio, Bill was very notiably choked up and at times it sounded as if he was in tears.

I agree that BB loved Bruschi .... but #54 was not going to make this team. It was either get cut, or retire on his own terms. I am glad he was allowed to go out "on top"

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
wheeler281 said:
Funny how much crap Belichick gets for being an alleged scumbag when he does things for his players that no one acknowledges, one of which is cutting players very early if he thinks a player has a shot to latch on somewhere else (Tank Williams this year, for example).
He wasn't a player anymore, but still odd to see Bruschi go. The end of an era, thanks for the memories 54!

sffanmike25

Aug 21, 2008
Dallas, TX
Sad to see him go.

I hope the University of Arizona's next AD can lure him into a role with the athletic department in the future. Would be awesome to have him back around the program. That is, if he's not offered something more lucrative elsewhere.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Tedy was never the most talented player on the field, but he's the exact definition of what you'd want in a football player, leader, and teammate.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
Rudzud said:
wheeler281 said:

Well just because Bellicheat liked the guy does not mean he was going to make the team. Bruschi has been through so much with his stroke and such that it is not hard to have feelings for a guy

FYI--you do not go through all the ota's and camp then play all preseason games to retire at the end. Sorry to burst your bubble not how it works LOL

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
wheeler281 said:
Rudzud said:
wheeler281 said:

Well just because Bellicheat liked the guy does not mean he was going to make the team. Bruschi has been through so much with his stroke and such that it is not hard to have feelings for a guy

FYI--you do not go through all the ota's and camp then play all preseason games to retire at the end. Sorry to burst your bubble not how it works LOL

Right, and you dont think the decision had anything to do with his family or his health?

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
Rudzud said:
wheeler281 said:
Rudzud said:
wheeler281 said:

Right, and you dont think the decision had anything to do with his family or his health?

NONE GUARANTEED! He played almost the whole game last week LOL

Hey I like the guy. he is a class act but lets be real life here

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
I have to agree with wheeler. It was clear he was going to have a reduced role on the team anyway, so if the Patriots weren't going to cut him it seems odd that he'd go through training camp and preseason and then retire. He could have played less, but still been a leader on the defense with another chance to win a superbowl.

Members online

Latest posts