Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jemile Weeks razor auto /5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XdanX

Aug 7, 2008
Hey guys I saw this at the show yesterday and did have the cash on me to pick it up, the guy wanted $75 for it and im pretty sure thats a solid price buy wasnt too sure. What do you guys think this is worth ?

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
You saw my friend who got it from me. Kinda tough to price that card.

XdanX said:
Hey guys I saw this at the show yesterday and did have the cash on me to pick it up, the guy wanted $75 for it and im pretty sure thats a solid price buy wasnt too sure. What do you guys think this is worth ?

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
IDK personall I am think I am done buying razor baseball. I think based off of matsuz that its going to be hard to make money.

On the other hand I am buying razor usa army fb sets

XdanX

Aug 7, 2008
jcmint said:

XdanX said:

arnie is a great guy hes just really steep, picked up some of the commons for 5 a clip (cashner, westmoreland and some others)

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Do you guys see Razor cards getting that 10-20% bump at the beginning of spring training that we usually see with other prospect cards next season?

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Arnie and I are tight. GL getting anything from him though which you already know. He buys in way too high on things but hey thats his thing.

XdanX said:
jcmint said:

XdanX said:

arnie is a great guy hes just really steep, picked up some of the commons for 5 a clip (cashner, westmoreland and some others)

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
A /5 yonder alonso sold originally for 300
It recently sold for 1/5th-1/6th of that

The hosmers /5 sold for about the same originally
I don't think they will go for half that now

but if you are happy with the price, so be it

Player collectors could save the day

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Seems high to me, even as a player collector. As the above poster mentioned, the Alonso /5 just sold for around $50 and i consider Alonso a much better investment than Weeks because of his power. The /5 auto is pretty much the only razor card i still need for either players though.

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
kentuckyderby said:

I paid 225 for the hosmer /5 and another member here paid the same price for a /5 hosmer. I dont think I will ever get 150 back personally

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
arod305 said:
kentuckyderby said:

I paid 225 for the hosmer /5 and another member here paid the same price for a /5 hosmer. I dont think I will ever get 150 back personally

And I thank you both for your patronage :)

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
One could argue that the people buying into these in the beginning never saw the chrome razors coming. Believe me I am no razor fan anymore but most cards sell for absurd prices outta the gate. Most never see those prices again. IMO of course.

kentuckyderby said:

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
jcmint said:
One could argue that the people buying into these in the beginning never saw the chrome razors coming. Believe me I am no razor fan anymore but most cards sell for absurd prices outta the gate. Most never see those prices again. IMO of course.

kentuckyderby said:

I really only fell to this with one card, fortunately. I only collect two players, Alonso and Weeks. I bought an Alonso Blue auto for $75 and it graded an 8.5 ::facepalm:: . Just picked up another of the same card for $20 dlvd ::facepalm:: .

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
jcmint said:

kentuckyderby said:

Totally agree

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
I remember seeing that guy at multiple shows in the area with his "spread" of Razor autos...of course over-priced as mentioned.

He did offer the Weeks to me at $85...I'm happy I passed! :lol:

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
Maybe Razor thought that putting out signature followed by metal was kind of like bowman followed by bowman chrome. The difference is that bowman and bowman chrome don't have the exact same autos so one doesn't kill the other. I didn't invest in Razor, but I picked up a few singles of signature and I wish I'd have just waited and picked up the metal versions. Pretty idiotic if you ask me that Razor didn't see their metal product killing the value of signature and pissing off a lot of customers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts