Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Stanton BGS 9.5 population...less?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
I just noticed that of all the 2008 BDP Auto cards, Mike Stanton's 2008 BDP Auto only has 50 9.5s (no 10's) and 74 non 9.5's...that's the only card from the auto set that has more NON-9.5's...any big-time graders have an explanation for that?

Are his base chromes coming out "ungradeable" more often than not?

Great Dealz Rob

Mar 11, 2009
Maybe some people have stayed away from grading them because of the problems with the Auto's getting lower grades?? Not sure.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
A lot of the refractors have terrible centering.

Also, his auto often has a streak in it which leads to a lot of 9 auto grades. I personally chose not to grade an xfractor auto simply because the auto almost certainly would have been a 9, which makes a card far less desirable.

rookies_plus

Mar 28, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
I have gone through alot of Stantons and of 8 I graded only 2 were 9.5's...Alot of 08 have streaks in them...especially the Stantons and Hollands, im my opinion. Also alot of issues with a streak in the signature

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
rookies_plus said:
I have gone through alot of Stantons and of 8 I graded only 2 were 9.5's...Alot of 08 have streaks in them...especially the Stantons and Hollands, im my opinion. Also alot of issues with a streak in the signature

I never knew they had streaking issues on the cards themselves...good to know!

I know about the autos...I've seen his IP autos and they all look bold...wonder why he "streaked" in his 08BDP ones?!

rookie380

Sep 10, 2008
Dickson, TN
I sent mine PSA

stanton08BCRCau.jpg

Hopefully it will come back a little better, very good centering and 4 sharp corners.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
rookie380 said:
I sent mine PSA

stanton08BCRCau.jpg

Hopefully it will come back a little better, very good centering and 4 sharp corners.

I can barely see the auto but I will take your word that it's bad! :lol:

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I've seen a whole bunch of these and generally, regarding the base chromes, the Stantons are the worst to grade and Gordon Beckhams are the best.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
masonphillip said:
I've seen a whole bunch of these and generally, regarding the base chromes, the Stantons are the worst to grade and Gordon Beckhams are the best.

Is the surface the biggest problem on these from your observations?

My 5 card shipment is coming today with 2 Stanton's...crossing my fingers!

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Messier2 said:
masonphillip said:

Is the surface the biggest problem on these from your observations?

My 5 card shipment is coming today with 2 Stanton's...crossing my fingers!

Yeah, a bunch of them I saw had roller marks and scratches.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
this and the poor condition of alot of them. I have some 9.5/10's but they were not easy.

Great Dealz Rob said:
Maybe some people have stayed away from grading them because of the problems with the Auto's getting lower grades?? Not sure.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I am not sure why buyers get their ******* in a twist about 9 autos. The whole thing in general was really made because of early auto compared to their modern ones ala Mike Vick. As of now its a money thing. I rarely care about the autos unless its like the 2002 ud pp autos where the auto is badly trapped. I am surpised buyers really seem to devalue 9 autos like they good. This was never the intended purpose of the auto grade. Hopefully BGS will make the auto grade optional and leave it up to their buyer to make a choice on the actual auto grade. People who grade alot in general hate this auto grade.

We might actually see this auto grade choice in the future.
Messier2 said:
Damn those 9 autos!

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
jcmint said:
I am not sure why buyers get their ******* in a twist about 9 autos. The whole thing in general was really made because of early auto compared to their modern ones ala Mike Vick. As of now its a money thing. I rarely care about the autos unless its like the 2002 ud pp autos where the auto is badly trapped. I am surpised buyers really seem to devalue 9 autos like they good. This was never the intended purpose of the auto grade. Hopefully BGS will make the auto grade optional and leave it up to their buyer to make a choice on the actual auto grade. People who grade alot in general hate this auto grade.

Messier2 said:
Damn those 9 autos!

i cant see BGS giving up $2 a card! lol

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
jcmint said:

Messier2 said:
Damn those 9 autos!

i cant see BGS giving up $2 a card! lol

I could for some reasons Im not getting into here.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
rookies_plus said:

Interesting. I have 13 Hollands, and none of mine have streaks in them.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
nborton said:
rookies_plus said:

Interesting. I have 13 Hollands, and none of mine have streaks in them.

Just checked my 2...no streaks!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts