Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay 1st for me, so I need someone to....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
....confirm my suspicions. I hit the BIN on this and paid on Saturday.

[ebay:3nebruf6]350246111363[/ebay:3nebruf6]

Today, i get this message from the seller
i am sorry but this card was mistakenly listed twice i will refund you bruce
Problem is, there is no other listing. Now I could very well be wrong here,
but my gut feeling is the seller got a better offer and sold the card elsewhere.
Anything I can do if this is true?

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
You can't really do anything except leave a negative. You can't make the seller send you the item.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
cubfan131 said:
You can't really do anything except leave a negative. You can't make the seller send you the item.
Pretty much. The only other thing you can do is contact ebay and let them know of your suspicions and that there was no other listing. They're pretty pissy when people dodge their fees.

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
If you can't find the 2nd auction I would come to the same conclusion as you have. Especially at $5.99 for that card, that's would have been an amazing price for that card.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
jarcar said:
If you can't find the 2nd auction I would come to the same conclusion as you have. Especially at $5.99 for that card, that's would have been an amazing price for that card.
That's why I hit the BIN :D Legit good deals do come along every blue moon or so :lol:

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
Card Magnet said:
cubfan131 said:
Pretty much. The only other thing you can do is contact ebay and let them know of your suspicions and that there was no other listing. They're pretty pissy when people dodge their fees.

agree
Also agree with you chashawk

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
A crisp shiny negative is an amazing solution to this problem.

But just don't go half-way and l leave a neutral.

Perhaps...
"Seller refused to ship item after selling too cheaply. What a clown!"

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
200lbhockeyplayer said:
A crisp shiny negative is an amazing solution to this problem.

But just don't go half-way and l leave a neutral.

Perhaps...
"Seller refused to ship item after selling too cheaply. What a clown!"
Sounds about right to me, Mike. I'm waiting to see if he responds to eBay message.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
You guys are ridiculous. You really are. The guy has 2,100+ items listed....he is MAYBE human.....maybe in his turbo lister he forgot to check the inventory......blow up his rating for a human error? Please don't buy any items from me.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
EricInCT said:
You guys are ridiculous. You really are. The guy has 2,100+ items listed....he is MAYBE human.....maybe in his turbo lister he forgot to check the inventory......blow up his rating for a human error? Please don't buy any items from me.
Find me the 2nd listing. I dare you.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
chashawk said:
EricInCT said:
Find me the 2nd listing. I dare you.
Agreed. If there was a 2nd listing, then I would understand, as mistakes happen to everyone.

But what do I know? I'm just an uninvolved party jamming my opinion down other people's throat on a message board :lol:

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
That stinks, man. Sick card and excellent price. Probably lying about having 2 cards but who knows. Probably not worth the time it would take to ask for scans or a link ot the other auction. You've ogt more important matters to tend to at the moment me thinks ;)

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
EricInCT said:
This does not appear to be a simple case of re-running an old auction. Considering Charlie collects Dawson almost exclusively, it's doubtful that this seller previously listed a this Dawson for $5.99, let alone re-ran it in error.

No doubt, the seller made a mistake and listed it incorrectly, and then reneged on his obligation as a seller...but again, I'm a pessimist.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
wideright said:
That stinks, man. Sick card and excellent price. Probably lying about having 2 cards but who knows. Probably not worth the time it would take to ask for scans or a link ot the other auction. You've ogt more important matters to tend to at the moment me thinks ;)
She's asleep for now, so I get to be pissed about my nerdly pursuits for a brief moment :lol:

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
EricInCT said:
No what's ridiculous is the guy that has daily ebay problems piping in. The seller did not list it twice, he listed it once and messed up by putting in the wrong amount for his BIN. Seller's remorse pure and simple, he deserve's a negative for that. Maybe had he manned up and tried to work out a deal after confessing his mistake would a negative not be warranted.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Rickzcards said:
EricInCT said:
No what's ridiculous is the guy that has daily ebay problems piping in. The seller did not list it twice, he listed it once and messed up by putting in the wrong amount for his BIN. Seller's remorse pure and simple, he deserve's a negative for that. Maybe had he manned up and tried to work out a deal after confessing his mistake would a negative not be warranted.

LOL, dude get off your high horse.

MAYBE the guy listed it on August 1st, then accidently listed it again September 1st.......due to ebay's search history there is NO WAY to look it up if it is past 2 weeks. Someone who lists OLD cards (not 2009) and lists 2100+ of them at a time should receive the benefit of the doubt is what I am saying.

You will be eating crow when he says "here is the transaction # from May 15th" and look like a retard.

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
EricInCT said:

This coming from the guy who complains about shipping prices and brags about "crushing DSRs"

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
EricInCT said:
What's your eBay ID? Just something I've been curious about for a while now. Thanks.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Geez, last time I stick up for a seller and say it COULD be an honest mistake.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts