Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NL ROY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Would there even be a debate if Garrett Jones had 425-550 at bats this season? What is he has accomplished is unheard of.

:shock:

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Now get his stuff moving:

GerrettJonesExquisiteauto15.jpg

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
EricInCT said:
Would there even be a debate if Garrett Jones had 425-550 at bats this season? What is he has accomplished is unheard of.

:shock:

It isn't unheard of, and if he had 425-550 at bats, his production would decline.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
dadofandrew said:
I think the award is Hanson's to lose. He has been pretty lights out this year

I totally agree with this statement. Happ is a product of a good team. 23 games over .500 versus 7 is a huge difference. The only reason the Braves are in the race for the wild card is because of him. The Braves will probably fall a few games shy of grabbing the wild card....I see them at 86 and 76.........The Phillies will reach 95 wins pretty easily.
95-67.

The point of the thread is if Jones had another 100 at bats under his belt ALREADY in 2009 he might be the runaway favorite. The season will end just when peoples eyes start to open: :shock:

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
EricInCT said:
dadofandrew said:

I totally agree with this statement. Happ is a product of a good team. 23 games over .500 versus 7 is a huge difference. The only reason the Braves are in the race for the wild card is because of him. The Braves will probably fall a few games shy of grabbing the wild card....I see them at 86 and 76.........The Phillies will reach 95 wins pretty easily.
95-67.

The point of the thread is if Jones had another 100 at bats under his belt ALREADY in 2009 he might be the runaway favorite. The season will end just when peoples eyes start to open: :shock:

J Happ is a product of his 2.63 era.

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
EricInCT said:
dadofandrew said:

95-67.

That doesn't even matter. Sure now and then he will have a big lead, but the majority of his starts he's kept them in games. We're not talking the ROY MVP. It's the best rookie, right now Happ has it. It's his to lose. You also have to take in to account that he pitches at CBP(3.77 ERA at home, 1.88 on the road). Even though Hanson's ERA at home is slightly higher, there's no doubt that he gets out that wouldn't happen at CBP. Happ has had to pitch low and not give up deep fly balls.

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
thenumberonemetfan said:
EricInCT said:
dadofandrew said:

95-67.

J Happ is a product of his 2.63 era.

Happ can have it. Hanson will be a contender for bigger and better awards shortly.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
I'm so sick of this "Happ's a product of being on a good team" argument. If you look at his wins, they aren't from giving up 5 runs and getting major run support from our offense, every win was a quality start, and most of his losses and no-decisions were quality starts. 14 of his 18 starts have been Quality.

Happ's Stats:
2.63 ERA
10-3 W-L
.226 OP BA
1.17 WHIP
3 CG
2 Shutouts (Hamels has 4 in his career)
97 K
51 BB

Hanson's Stats:
3.15 ERA
9-3 W-L
.239 OP BA
1.25 WHIP
0 CG
0 Shutouts
73 K
32 BB

NL ROY:
happ04eliteredaspauto3of10.jpg

guzman4cy

Aug 18, 2009
right now i would give it to happ. lots of people hanging around though so its going to be a very close race.
personally i'm pulling for my cubbie randy wells. after today he's 10-7 with a 2.90 era, not too far out of the race.
still a good month of baseball left, a lot can happen.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
What bothers me about happ is he has 2 wins in relief and will have played on a team that has close to 100 wins.

His ERA better finish light years ahead of the competition to garner my vote.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
EricInCT said:
What bothers me about happ is he has 2 wins in relief and will have played on a team that has close to 100 wins.

His ERA better finish light years ahead of the competition to garner my vote.

So a worthless statistic like a win that occurred when the guy had no choice but to pitch in relief would affect your vote. Glad we don't have to worry about you actually having a vote.

guzman4cy

Aug 18, 2009
im confused as to why people are using Happ being on a better team to hurt him in the voting. if anything, hes been a big contributor to them being a better team, hence his good record and low era.

Members online